Developed alongside Elden Ring

>developed alongside Elden Ring
>S team in charge of development
>only installment to stray from the soulsborne formula
>is the hardest Fromsoft game, but fair
>has an actual straightforward story
>most complaints are from scrubs getting filtered
Sekiro chads, we won...

Attached: Sekiro_art.jpg (280x350, 42.84K)

Where is the fucking Tomoe DLC I'm getting real tired of waiting

It's not happening. Elden Ring was more successful than every other game they've released combined. You have Elden Ring 2 and 3 to look forward to for the next decade now.

Sekiro is the best.

It will happen only if Activision wan'ts it to happen...they paid for the game.

Malenia is Tomoe though.

Attached: 1651401331398.png (1920x1080, 2.44M)

You bet I am looking forward to them.
I don't think we need another Sekiro though, it's perfect the way it is. Iterating on it somehow will most likely happen.

At least make the next open world pleb game a Tenchu inspired one instead of Souls #27.

It's the only fromsoft game that's actually a good action game, too.

It's crazy to think about how despite really liking Sekiro I still hardly gave a shit about it compared to what I thought Elden Ring was going to be.
>The ultimate Souls game. Unbothered by the same time and budget constraints that marred the development of the other entries and thus removing their single biggest problem.
or
>A highly ambitious and novel spiritual successor learning from the mistakes of souls while taking the formula in a new exciting direction.
But then it ended up being this shitty middle-ground that's far too much like Dark Souls to be it's own thing and yet also clearly doesn't fully understand what made Dark Souls good in the first place... I'm sorry Sekiro

Attached: 20211110161439_1.jpg (3440x1440, 800.12K)

I would love either a Tomoe game or a game where you can play with different weapons, doesn't need to be an rpg, other action games have other weapons after all.
Yaris, nahigatas, odachis, the list goes on

>learly doesn't fully understand what made Dark Souls good in the first place
Seeing how it improved upon Dark Souls, that's debatable? Especially since there is same personnel behind it.

not happening at this point, Activision are the publisher, and not only are they retarded boomers who would rape a toddler if it made them a profit, but they are also still in EXTREME SHIT legally, to the point where multiple countries are trying to block the Microsoft purchase to make Activision not get away with murder
Kotick would personally get $70 million as a part of the purchase, despite him being the main reason the company is dying, he is being rewarded for fucking up and being a complete scumbag (especially because he was one of the names in Epstein's little black book for frequent guests to his paedo island) and I think a lot of people aren't willing to let that go

Melina is tomoe uses waterfowl dance which is cloud passage

I really wanted an evolution to the genre like they promised, it's just modded dark souls 3, or perhaps a grafted dark souls 3, godricks favorite hobby is an allegory to this mechanic orgy that doesn't quite result in an amazing product as a whole.

>S team
>he fell for the meme

I gotta appreciate the cut content being used here at least desu

>Especially since there is the same personnel behind it
You mean the same personnel that when given three chances to improve upon Demon's Souls basically made a side-grade every single time because they hardly understood the lightning in a bottle they created?

Except it sold like shit compared to Elden ring and will probably never get a sequel whereas elden ring will at the very least become a trilogy if not even more sequels

>mechanic orgy that doesn't quite result in an amazing product
Sums the game up quite well. It's such a schizophrenic abomination of balance and design that feels like it was designed by two warring factions that disagree with each other on fundamental game design choices.

>we won

I just don't understand this kind of bullshit. Why must fans of FromSoftware games be in competition with each other? I don't understand that. Their games are all great. Different and great. DLCs are meant to be more of same ol' thing. A new franchise is supposed to be different from other franchises, even a new edition in the same franchise is supposed to be slightly different. Dark Souls 1 is great, and so is Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 3. Elden Ring is great. Sekiro is great. Demon Souls is great. Each of those games has that terrific FromSoftware formula but with different ingredients.

Sekiro is great. Every FromSoftware game is challenging. Most players are not highly skilled. Most players are casual. That's fine. Casual players are going to get "filtered" and move on to another game, because that's exactly what casual players do. If you really enjoyed a particular game and were good at it and completed it, that does not means the other similar games "suck". There are huge fans within the player base of every FromSoftware title. It is okay to love and enjoy each title for its uniqueness and subtle differences. Stop being so childish and narrow-minded.

Attached: elden_ring_10.jpg (1920x1080, 1.36M)

Miyacucky
>I'm not making any more dark souls
Also Miyacucky
>No no, they're not bonfires, they're sites of grace, it's totally different! Did you rike it?
Fucking hack.

If they released Dark Souls 1 over and over again every day for an entire year with slight and mosty unnoticeable changes all 365 of those games would be great too. Simply being "great" is a low bar for this company and they deserve to get shit for how creatively bankrupt and unambitious they are 99% of the time despite being so talented.

Because Demon's Souls wasn't as good as you say - it worked due to its novelty and uniqueness.
But you can't repeat those gimmick bosses there all the time or keep the bosses as simple as back then. A lot of DeS wasn't really hard, just frustrating and a chore.

I guess my issue is more of how it was executed than idea(s) behind the game - the stamina management and resource management, haunted house style of design - were the true lighting in bottle.
And those are reused in all their titles, with various level of quality of execution, but I think in general they have been improved upon.
Personally I couldn't stand DaS2 enough to finish it and genuinely hated my time with it, but it is what it is.

I admit I'd like to see another try on more adventure style of gameplay in DeS/parts of DaS1, but I really don't see where there is to go with that kind of design.

Plus, I'd say their visual/artistic direction also improved a lot(ignoring DaS2 again). The Temple, which screenshot you posted is fucking gorgeous. Rivel Well in ER is another fantastic area.

It's because all the other games produced by other companies are really bad. The only competition from soft games have is each other. That's why they're compared

Love both games for sure, but Sekiro has one of the most enjoyable combat systems I've ever encountered whereas Elden Ring, while great fun, isn't anything new on top of the typical Soulsborne roll and whack.

Hopefully they do something else like Sekiro. Not necessarily katanas and ninjas but a game where the combat is centred around one weapon type and explores it in depth - could be axes or magic for all I care.

Were you high on marijuana when you posted that?