I still dont fucking understand why he claims to hate argent energy in the second game if he just spent all of doom...

i still dont fucking understand why he claims to hate argent energy in the second game if he just spent all of doom 2016 balding about doomguy fucking with his harvesting scheme. he even makes a snide remark at doomguy when he retrieves the demonic crucible in eternal saying "guess you needed the soul juice after all hehehe" nigger what

Attached: 654654.png (958x617, 828.37K)

Eternal totally ditched everything set up by 2016, most notably the whole "doomguy doesn't give a fuck about the plot and you have to go looking for it yourself" thing

Huh?

>giving a fuck about the plot in Doom
you have too much free time and tend to focus on stupid things

when I first played doom 2k16 I thoguht that sam hyde and samuel hayden were the same person because their names sounded similar.

Eternal seemed like it really wanted you to care.

His name was Samuel Hayden.
He literally got away with it

The story in 2016 was fine and light and it should have stayed that way. The worst it got was the Same Hyde monologue in the tower but that was offset by meeting him for the first time and he was cool.

All the Eternal story is cringe as fuck and pulls you even further from the game. I stopped playing the Elder Gods DLC because (not only was the gameplay getting boring) but the plot was so overbearing and dumb.

Attached: 1659117077780457.gif (415x498, 2.08M)

eternal puts it in your face at every turn, if you pay any amount of attention while playing you'll get like 80% of it

NIGGER YOU'RE ON THE VIDEO GAMES BOARD YEAH YOU'RE TIME IS SO FUCKIN VALUABLE SHUT THE FUCK UP

But doom guy doesn't. All that talk was for nothing because doom guy doesn't give two fucks about anything.

It's called "a massive retcon".
It's very, very fucking obvious that Samuel was intented to be human, and Maykir's were not even fucking invented when they wrote plot of 2016. Eternal decided to go this much more ambitious direction simply because they figured out it fits better with the more crazy, over-the-top gameplay.
2016 was an experiment and nobody knew if it is going to work. It's painfully obvious when you look at it - it was a game that struggled desperately with direction, and even Beth did not trust it enough to market it properly.

After the smashing success it had, and particularly positive reaction to the significantly faster and over-the-top gameplay, they decided that is what they are going to focus on with Eternal.
And the much more over-the-top gameplay needed much more silly, over the top setpieces, which required a more over-the-top story.

That is why the story of Eternal basically does not even fucking connect to 2016's story.

Because between the games he had to fight Hell's army and had his ass handed to him, making realize pretty damn quickly how right Doomguy was.

Have you actually fucking played Doom Eternal? Did you somehow MISS THE FACT THAT HAYDEN IS A FUCKING MAYKR, AND THAT HE PERSONALLY CREATED DOOMGUY BY INFUSING HIM WITH KHAN'S ESSENCE, BECAUSE HE FUCKING ANTICIPATED KHAN'S PLAN WILL BACKFIRE?

Seriously. It's stupid story, but it's not that hard to follow.

not him but is that from the dlc? Cuz if not then yeah I totally fucking missed that

By letting you skip cutscenes unlike in 2016?

Bravo Hugo

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 56.75K)

Eternal was a shitshow story wise cause Hugo is a 40k faggot and everyone knows 40k is shit at basic story telling

Where did retards get this stupid line from? Doomguy cares about what’s going on, he just wants to get down to business and close the hell portal.

probably from the first level of the game where he just smashes the speaker trying to dump exposition on you followed by there being nearly 0 cutscenes for the rest of the game. All the lore is in logs you have to go read yourself. Contrast that to Eternal just stopping the game to monologue every fucking stage and having flashbacks and half-life 2 style just sit here locked in a room while npcs talk

This user gets it