Are amd gpus still bad?

And why are designs so bad compared to nvidia ones?

Attached: 2494775-n0.jpg (700x349, 44.42K)

I want to change back to ayymd because I liked the drivers better, but they don't make budget stuff anymore.
Anyway what do you mean by design? Like the looks? Do you just stare in your computer all day?

AMD cards always age muuuch better than team green

The custom designs
Sapphire, xfx etc

>Still running a 390
>It plays all the game I want no problem

Attached: 1657239863804.jpg (523x470, 52.15K)

Isn't the most important thing about how the cooling works? Otherwise you just plug it in and do whatever. I mean look wise. Some have like uuh overclocked biosses or some shit but doesn't affect the looks outside of cooling

AMD GPUs haven't ever really been 'bad', they're just unexciting. There's no new tech, they're not pushing the boundaries, but, they produce good cards at (Sometimes) reasonable prices.

Who gives a shit what a graphics card looks like? It's meant to sit inside a computer case working.

They're good

Reminder that the Wii U is Radeon, and it is amazingly efficient for 2012.

My 6700xt keeps crashing games and i don't know why

why do you actually care what a GPU looks like
are you a woman?

It needs more gaymer aesthetics

some designs are good also the 6900xt is going for $699 so buying anything else is just a waste of money

Retard

lol

No and they haven't been for a decade or so.

AMD OpenGL on Windows has been rough, which hurts in the very few things that use it but I've not noticed much difference in similar red vs green cards in Minecraft or Emulators. New update helps, Linux has been solid for years.

Nvidia pushes new features and gets ahead of AMD by doing things in a not to standard way. PhysX hurt Nvidia cards as much as AMD cards in its time that weren't made for it. Just like now Minecraft RTX is toast because it was made with their busted way to do it before the tech was ready. They pioneer in a way AMD does not.

But HD6000, HD7000, R9 200 - 500 were all really good cards I would have recommended over their Nvidia versions as they lasted longer and had better value unless you were nearly wasting money to get that Nvidia Ti model.

VII was rough. It wasn't bad but it was overpriced for what it was.

Driver and feature wise AMD sometimes launches behind, but keeps going over time. Nvidia launches strong but abandons the card and is more about planned retirement.

I cant really think of a bad AMD GPU beyond years were the price to performance sucked with VII. People praised the 970 and 980 to to the heavens but the AMD card smoked those mother fuckers and lasted longer. And the current line is trading blows on standard performance so unless you really want that extra 5fps in those 3 RT enabled games or need DLSS because you bought a high end monitor and plan to buy a shitty card to pair with it, then AMD is fine.

why do you actually care what your girlfriend looks like?
are you a woman?

Attached: 1658513821313463.webm (1052x592, 2.43M)

why would i ever need to upgrade from rx580?

Because fuck you I want it to.
That's my reason.

For

>this nigga has a solid metal case but still complains

you vain little shit
I hate gaming aesthetic ever since someone invented LED fans
I fucking hate it, it's so fucking gaudy

Unless FSR becomes more refined and ray tracing becomes more viable. AMD is going to be behind Nvidia by a large margin.

Update your bios

That fixed it for me when i had an rx 580

Can cost less than equivalent performance nvidia cards depending on your region and similarly depending on your location good cooling solutions are more readily available. They age better too. Nvidia drops optimization for older GPUs way too fast.

Minecraft with bananas tier shaders, Elden Ring, and large scale battle games rendering lots of units and......fuck all really. I had a 390 and it still managed most games on ultra at 1440 pretty well even as it was around 7 years old when I last used it.

cuz its amd lmao

>Spends thousands on something.
>Doesn't even bother to make it look nice.
That's sad.

Attached: IMG_20220729_140201_00_061.jpg (4000x3000, 1.29M)

I rarely use Windows now but when I do I experience multiple moderately annoying issues with my RX 6800 XT:
- Elements of the UI flicker sometimes.
- Browsers can never play videos above 1080p without stuttering.
- If I set the monitor to 120Hz (instead of 144Hz) the screen flickers when I open or close windows.
- Firefox has a massive memory leak unless I disable hardware acceleration.
I don't know if these issues are caused by drivers or by Windows itself but I know I didn't experience them when using my previous card which was NVIDIA.

Yes they're trash. I regret buying a 6900xt.

>pink/white lgbt light tranny pc
it's really time to kys

elden ring runs ok it has some weird spikes and ive only played the 1.03 version
didnt finish it because its a shit game

designs are mostly the same though outside of like sapphire who doesnt do nvidia and evga who doesn't do amd, and i think sapphire cards have always looked better.

And you spent extra to make it look gay and from reddit.

>Last paragraph
Nobody talked about Fury and Fury X for good reason, and the 980 Ti to above performance range is practically untouched by AMD for 2 years. In those 2 years, if you want anything better than a 1060, you buy Nvidia. And the RDNA1 line only has 5700 and 5700XT for a year as well. It's a real problem with AMD, they're laser focused on a few SKU and abandon the rest of the market. Who cares if people wanted mid-high-end Polaris or mid-low-end RDNA1.

You can get a 6600xt for like 300 burgers now. They're great

>No you can't have a white pc is has to be nigger.
Fuck off leftoids I'm building my white power pc.