Which game from 1998 had the best story?

Which game from 1998 had the best story?

Attached: 1998games.jpg (3000x2000, 1.46M)

Mgs. Incels will say OoT

But now we dance this Grim Fandango
And will four years before we rest

I've always loved the implied story of resident evil even if the actual execution is shit.

My vote is Xenogears because I love batshit-religious Japanese shit. But there are a few strong contenders up there.

>best story
>medievil and turok 2
Dude

>Might and Magic 6
What story?

only played OoT MGS and Half Life but none of those games have particularly great stories

Man what a year for narratives. I had no idea.
For me though the top 5 would be:
MGS
FF Tactics
Half-Life
Starcraft
Xenogears
In that order. Xenogears would probably be number 1 if it wasn't completely translated by a single fucking dude with next to zero support.

Xenogears. Faggots will say MGS because it was their first game.

Not a single one of these games have a story and thats why 1998 was so stacked with good games

I like both

>MGS
>No story
In what world?

I actually cited the understandably shoddy translation.

Attached: Screenshot_20220729-123149.png (1080x569, 410.19K)

>thinking half life has a good "narrative"
Idiot.

Baldur's Gate

>In what world?
The game had a lot of words and cutscenes, but what was the actual content of the story up to that point?
>Snake! Go disable the futuristic nuclear weapons!
>Btw you and the main villain are clones!
>also heres a bunch of colorful characters that enables us to justify having so many words in our game
A couple typical themes later and you have the story of MGS1. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but the story, once you look past all the flowery writing, is minute compared to the later games. They're some typical scifi military tropes with a lot more color.
Lots of dialogue. But at that point Metal Gear didn't have a huge convoluted plot that we associate with it.

>this cope
You are such an embarrassingly stupid idiot it's hilarious.
To suggest MGS doesn't have a story is laughable, and you're actually trying to rationalize this stupidity LOL.

Huge convoluted plot =/= best story.
You're an idiot.

I'll go with MGS even though its not my favorite on the list. Solid retro games in that pic I got to play most of them at least a bit.

>coping
>about the game I like
Take your own advice. Tell me what happens in MGS1 that I hadn't already described.
>Huge convoluted plot =/= best story.
Where did I imply this? Snake is military man who gets sent on the big job. Dark personal secrets are revealed and friends are made along the way.
Also Mei Ling telling me about movies isn't plot.
What I'm trying to say is MGS1 doesn't have a huge convoluted plot. Up until this point in time, Metal Gear didn't have all the 2 onwards stuff. Which retroactively have 1 more plot. MGS1 as a singular entity can easily be summed up in a paragraph if you're not going to go into detail of all those colorful bosses. Which were mainly just to give them character. Not plot. Just characterization. Outside of the characterization, MGS had a pretty standard military guy plot. Just more scifi than usual.

I can't pick. '98 had too much soul.

Is 1998 the most stacked year in all of video games' history? There are well over a dozen absurdly great games just in OP's pic alone.

Fucking hell you're stupid.

Prove me wrong homo