Galaga

It's weird how such a well known game never became a full on franchise. Ironic, since it is itself a sequel.

Attached: Galaga.png (220x283, 20.01K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-Man_&_Galaga_Dimensions
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump.

Same could be said about the any other space shooter that have ever existed

Eh, Gradius and R-Type had a fair number of games. Granted, they fell of the radar pretty hard.

I’m pretty sure there is a ds game that came out. I remember getting it from Kohl’s

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-Man_&_Galaga_Dimensions

It did, though? Not a huge franchise but the five games or so that Galaxian/Galaga has is pretty decent. Same for Xevious.

>Galaxian
>Galaga
>Gaplus
>Galaga '88
>Galaxian 3: Prohect Dragoon
>Attack of the Zolgear

OP is retarded

Boop boop beep boop

Any "sequel" to this game that isn't the exact same game (maybe with different flight patterns) would be a detriment to itself.
It's perfectly crafted as it is. Why would you not just repackage it?

Attached: 987ytghjko7ytgh.gif (427x250, 1.03M)

>WOAH THIS GALAGA HAS A NEW POWERUP
Um yeah no fuck off

>>Galaxian 3: Project Dragoon
I just read a whole wiki page on this, gonna try the PS version when I get home, thanks user.

If anything all shmups are dying to be repackaged. State of the art netplay+2P AI, DirectInput+XInput, free aspect ratio, border art, border widgets, replays+replay sharing, leaderboards, novice+boss rush arrange modes, list goes on.

I just played a lot of old arcade games for the first time and Galaga was the standout, very fun and a huge leap from Galaxian/Space Invaders. Best part is when you find out you can get your ship back from the abductor thing and have 2 at once.

Attached: 1638668264888.png (598x533, 221.7K)

Seriously, this genre needs help.

It's fun when there's neat tricks you can do in older games, but the pro shit scares me because it's utter nonsense.

It truly is the perfect arcade game. Most are trash. What could even improve it without being a blatant cash grab?

>there are fucking Galaga snobs
I don't know why I'm surprised, but still. Wow.

Tell me why you'd want to play an offshoot

>no way to ever play galaga 30th collection ever again

PAIN

Galaga 88 is fucking dope and you should play it.

my dad is absolute trash at every video game EXCEPT for galaga. he can filp the score multiple times on a single quarter. Back in the 90s, we'd go to the mall with his new wife and her daughter. They'd go shopping while my dad and I went to the arcade and I'd blow like 5 dollars on Sunset Riders and NBA Jam, then I'd be out of tokens and come back to see my dad at the Galaga machine (occasionally being watched by someone) on the same fucking quarter. The wife and daughter would return shopping and he'd have to throw the game so we could leave