Steam Deck

Steam Deck backlog will clear sooner than we though bros. The wait is almost over.

Attached: file.png (1054x523, 348.31K)

nice.
how bad is the ssd downgrade? are there any benchmarks of them yet?
is it worth selling mine now and getting another one with shitty ssd for december?

wtf gaben bumped me down from Q3 to Q4

yeah, same here user

Attached: d.jpg (400x387, 35.27K)

>is it worth selling mine now and getting another one with shitty ssd for december?

do retards really? at that point just buy the GPD win max 2

>how bad is the ssd downgrade?
I don't think anyone knows for real, but in paper it should be imperceptible outside of synthetic benchmarks

>Thousands of people cancelled their preorders
>b-but you're gonna get it early!
lmao

>at that point just buy the GPD win max 2
It's more expensive than the steam deck, and the deck already plays all the games I want it to play. Plus I don't want to give money to microsoft.

prove it

I just want my dock, bros.

Timmy saves us!!! Epicbros, Ayachinka bros, we can't let this happen!!

For now, absolutely zero difference. Keep in mind SATA3 caps at 600MB/s, while two PCIe 4.0 lanes have a bandwidth of 2GB/s. Even between a standard SATA SSD and an M2 NVME SSD with all 4 lanes enabled – and with a much faster CPU than the one the Steam Deck has – there's barely any difference in games. There are a billion benchmarks on YouTube, go watch them.
But I say "for now" because we have no idea if it'll make any difference once Direct Storages becomes a thing. As of today there are a grand total of zero games with this feature, so we can't really test it either.

Attached: 194OrifO2jKZ.jpg (1920x1080, 339.93K)

So where my email? I’m in Q3 now

Does this mean that Steam soon will start to sell it in other nations like Norway[/spolier]?

Good. I already broken down my PC and sold most of the components online. I’ve been wanting to get off of Microsoft’s poojeet ride for a long time.

that's more than triple the speed though, right? I think I'll just keep mine even if just for faster rom transfers from my NAS

>ordered mine at the start of january
>Q4
very cool.

>people who ordered after me on leddit getting Q3
very fair and cool gaben. god bless.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I misremembered actually, I looked it up and PCIe 4.0 is 2GB/s per lane. So the maximum theoretical read speed is:
A2 MicroSD = 170 MB/s
SATA3 = 600 MB/s
PCIe 4.0 2x = 4000 MB/s ("new" Steam Deck)
PCIe 4.0 4x = 8000 MB/s ("old" Steam Deck) (The Samsung 980 Pro is 7000 MB/s, the stock PS5 SSD is 5500 MB/s)

queues moving a day at a time
soon to be a week
then to be a month
we lost scalper bros... it's unironically over

Attached: july28.png (769x685, 91.59K)

I preordered last October, bumped up to Q3 now. Feelsgoodman
I guess I can start porting the hentai game I'm working on to Linux and make sure it runs on the deck nicely.

Attached: (you).png (800x450, 358.55K)

>steamdeck can no longer be scalped
>90% of pre-orders canceled
>deck fails to sell even under a million units because everyone realizes it's artificial scarcity dogshit bingbing toy
holy jej

Norway dude

based af

My gf is very excited for getting her deck so soon.

yeah pretty soon. Maybe next month or end of the summer.

Same here. I use my deck as a temporary PC replacement cuz I want AM5 and so this fall.

I am pleased and surprised that deck as a desktop performing so well. - I am shitposting from my deck.

>im now October-December

oh shit i cant wait

Attached: 1649876088346.jpg (256x256, 8.54K)