Fucking gaalsien air support

Fucking gaalsien air support.

Attached: air.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

nice framerate

With that many planes at once I'm just glad it didnt crash.

The only ground based RTS I will play with no Infantry is Supreme Commander
It just feels barren without them

Attached: guy.png (587x905, 1.23M)

Is any one still play the MP? And if so, how welcoming it is to someone that only ever RTSs for the single player and never touched a single MP match?

It's dead.

Attached: khaanepth.webm (1020x574, 2.89M)

What a shame. The SP was excellent, one of the best I played since, well, Homeworld 2.
Maybe you have a recommendation with for a non-dead MP game that's somewhat accessible for a first-timer?

Attached: homeworld0113161280jpg-19c39f_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 92.49K)

>Not a single AA

They pop nice with one

I play the MP with friends, it's good, sadly you won't get randoms anymore

Kaaneph barrage is fun, although it's not as devastating as it sounds. however if he blobs, it is a big punch with 1 or 2 rockets, or a deterrence to get off your lawn.

Gaalsien are based.
Eat sand heretic!

Attached: Gaalsien leader.jpg (1024x534, 211.57K)

My friends won't play the game with me anymore since I won a 1v3 against them. I thought it was fun but they got genuinely pissed off for some reason.

The sands claimed them. They are your friends no longer.

I too have very good memories of Sands. Why the game flopped anyway? The atmosphere was so good it could flow out of monitor.

I loved DoK, but it was really barebones and the campaign was piss easy. Great soundtrack and visual though.

My best guess is poor marketing.
Personally, I first heard of it when it was going on sale on Steam.

>whole point of series is being 3 dimensional rts
>sequel is on a flat desert plane

From what I remember the two big things were

>Not in space / not 3D
>No base building

Instead it made use of 3D terrain.
Sure, it is very different, but that's why they called it HW:DoK and not HW3; they took a lot of the original's elements and did something different with them.

The 3D I can get, from marketing standpoint, because it alienates the nostalgia crowd (that tends to be loud).
But I don't get the base building part. The lack of it, or at least how it was done, was a praised feature of the originals and DoK did it in a similar manner with the "BluFor" having a centralized carrier/mothership for production and research (AKA base-building unified with tech tree) while "RedFor" had a de-centralized system that did the same.

Attached: homeworld-deserts-of-kharak-review-pc-499123-2.jpg (1920x797, 251.46K)

Such is the life of RTS chads vs Roleplaying Tranny Shitters

God i love this game, wish i could drive around that hq in third and first person in a sandbox game to explore shit

Its just because the RTS market has shrunk so much that anything that is not ultra traditional is lambasted on principle.