Hamfisted RPG shit in every video game is the biggest meme design trend and the modern equivalent of when every game...

Hamfisted RPG shit in every video game is the biggest meme design trend and the modern equivalent of when every game had QTEs back in the late 00's and early 10's.

Attached: url(4).jpg (1280x720, 248.89K)

Retards who enjoy things like MMOs love this sort of shit so it appeals to those types who enjoy tedium and monotony. To me this sort of things is just a massive nuisance and makes me drop a game due to boredom. I prefer pure action with no rpg or loot tedium.

>that 54 year old midget mutt on the bottom right

remember to thank Godd Howard for slowly but surely removing these awful turn based mechanic relics from his action games.

Its actually worse than QTEs because at least QTEs mostly exist in isolation from the rest of the game. RPG shit warps and poisons the entire game around it. Just look at Nu-AssCreed.

>early game, shit damage
>late game, shit damage
fucking awful system can't even max all stats

RPG elements and stats are lazy game design
instead of carefully planning a path where the player acquires skills and feels his growing strenght against tougher enemies, devs prefer just throwing anything on you, with the catch being "you get x but you lose y which has strenghts against..." whilst barely being relevant and never being fun
its precisely what makes old GoW kino and new GoW boring

Got bored mid way with this game. It's not as fun as the old games and the emphasis on dark souls like combat doesn't feel good in a GOW game. I'm just surprised that people were complaining about Valkyries being difficult when their patterns are pretty easy to recognize. I'm pretty mediocre at souls game myself.

Also miss the epic scale GOW used to have. Now you just get the same troll repainted. I like the story but I'll just watch the cinematics on youtube.

I fucking hate skill trees

I still have no idea how god of wars rpg elements even work

I played Dante's Inferno recently and can say with confidence that I greatly prefer button-mashing qte to rpg loot shit with walk-and-talk padding. I'll take the old GoW any day.

>mfw tacked on gear system as form of "progression"
Your game can be ten hours long, you know. It's fine. Not everything needs to be padded out into 30+ hours territory.

Attached: brayko.jpg (342x294, 16.12K)

It works that same as in any other bog-standard AAA game with this shit. Stats are based on equipment and updgrades from skill trees. You can do sidequests for better stuff to pad out your play time.

I dislike the overall homogenization. It's like everything even remotely similar plays the same these days. Is it possible to overdesign a game while following the same old tried and true formula?

Overdesigned is the formula they're following. I'm so pissed that shit infected Ghostwire Tokyo. I wanted a cool surreal yokai horror fps and they delivered Far Cry 7 complete with braindead AI and soulless UI.

Its never going to go away OP. This has been a thing for a long time at this point. Its now seen as a requirement otherwise your game is seen as shallow with zero depth.

>need to play a 600hr rpg
>beat unusually long action/adventure games
>read the entire western canon
>and find time for multiplayer competitive scenes
>can't stomach a small D&D tier gameplay mechanic in an adventure game

that game is gay regardless of it having rpg aspects

I pirated Lego Skywalker Saga and quickly realized I would not be playing it for long when I discovered they had all this shit as well. I think I made it two hours in before deleting it.
All gameplay I've seen has confirmed that I made a good decision. God what a boring piece of shit. Awful level design too.

Cinematic Open World Soulslike Action RPGs with stealth, platforming and puzzle elements is my favourite video game genre.

Attached: 1657378460843.jpg (973x810, 107.64K)

FUCKING STEALTH SECTIONS
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA