"What to Play if I Like MMOs?"

What most of you want is risk:reward, right? Gatekeeping has professions at barely relevant, maybe a few pieces per character, so gathering, crafting, and trading are rare; world PvE isn't fun because it it's easy and doesn't ever drop items worth anything; you could quest, but that's for a few reputation or gold; you could play instanced PvE, but it's really not that exciting, maybe worth doing for the story; and you could play instanced PvP, but that seems repetitive after a few hours or dozen. What is there to do in a game that's linear? Watching big numbers is fun, but to be where you want takes weeks of grinding for an hour or few every day, and is it fun? What are you going to do for the other dozen or so hours in a day? Does it feel like living in a world?

Play ARK. I'm sure most of you want a game that you can play as much as you want and always have something interesting to do. You can tame creatures, breed colors and stats, do open world caves and mini-bosses, and do arena bosses. The world is challenging because equipment drops before you respawn, and the tame you spent 20-30 minutes on, or perhaps days raising from a baby, sits there waiting for a command; but items (weapons, armor, and tools) have some of the most upgrades, and creatures are some of the most efficient mounts and utility in gaming.

Dropping loot on a timer is important because it gives crafting a reason to exist, and risky gameplay is more exciting because you're invested in the character and world. It's arguably the only way to make games. Economy is a most central aspect of what to do, "amounts of activities that lead to status" roles and worldbuilding.

Attached: ark-survival-evolved-logo.jpg (1920x1080, 130.32K)

Mods, please do something about this faggot

You're free to try to refute anything posted.

There's nothing to refute in that opinion based subjective muck. There's no argument. Just baseless claims.

"MMOs are theme park mediocrity right now; you should play ARK because risk:reward is one of the most fun and important designs in the industry."

I don't think you have an argument.

Ark’s combat is pathetic and the game is a mess of systems that none of them work properly. The game is a bigger disrespect to your time than any game I’ve ever played. It’s a gacha phone game that demands you waste the same amount of time without any pay method to skip the wait, the caveat being instead of paying to skip, you need to actively engage with the game every 1-5 hours for 20-30 hours. All of this is ignoring the conversation of Wildcard being the most incompetent devs of all time, hiring Vin fucking Desel to promote Ark 2 and changing Ark 2 to a “souls like combat” system. Fuck Ark and fuck you.

>Ark’s combat is pathetic
It's a shooter; mounts have melee and sometimes magic. Good luck convincing anybody here that it's not one of the most skillful PvP games available.

You can make dozens if not hundreds of PvP kits in 20 minutes.

Ark sucks. It's low risk, low reward, bad gameplay. Bad gameplay = no playing for me. All MMOs are low intensity, especially Ark. I prefer high intensity, higher skill, and higher risk.

None of Ark’s combat works as intended. A myriad of shots do not register. Don’t even fucking act like Ark’s combat deserves more respect you dishonest cunt.

There's not much more high risk and skillful gameplay than only keeping your items and creatures via skillfulness and than shooting.

>None of Ark’s combat works as intended. A myriad of shots do not register.
Prove it.

>imma shill this game that’s notorious in its own community for being a buggy piece of shit and when some user calls it a buggy piece of shit imma tell him to prove it
Kill yourself faggot.

Any fighting game. Higher skill, more complex strategies, more complex character-specific strategies. Higher execution.
Furthermore, no silly casual node-farming PvE elements. You said it yourself:
>PvE isn't fun because it it's easy.
This is correct and why PvP lobby games are better.
MMOs are fundamentally low intensity when averaged across game time.
High intensity comes in the form of high-stakes tournaments and money matches where you can look your opponent in the eye. Ark isn't capable of this level intensity. It's at least two–three levels of intensity lower on the five-level scale.

dont argue with nutriments nigger, sage and ignore.

So you made a claim, you can’t prove it’s true, nobody believes you, and now you’re mad and hurling insults.
Do you really not feel shame for being a pathetic embarrassment? I would if I fucking loser like you lying and crying on the internet about a video game. Lmao get a job or hobby or something because this is suicide fuel.

Approximately nobody wants to sit around in a 2D game APMing combos at other characters all day.

Autism

>PvE isn't fun because it it's easy.
That was specifically referencing MMO PvE not being lucrative or challenging.

The OP even lists ARK PvE as challenging and risky.

It's one of the most intense games available.

>"What to Play if I Like MMOs?"
russian roulette

>Moving the goalposts
>Not an argument.
>Doesn't refute the point
I'm glad you agree with me. Furthermore, I'm leaving for Las Vegas next week to play in Evo, 2.1k tournament for the weekend. Let me know when his happens for Ark lol

>Moving the goalposts
No, it's not; fun is the most important aspect of gaming.

>Not an argument.
It is; 2D is surpassed by 3D in strategy, intensity, and thus fun.

>Doesn't refute the point
It effectively is refuting the point.

This post smells funny.

Ark doesn't have PvE or node-farming elements or trash like crafting? Is that what you're trying to say? You attempting [special pleading], but it's obvious.

You don't have an argument vs. any of those things.

>No, it's not; fun is the most important aspect of gaming.
Wrong. Intensity, skill, risk, are.
>It is; 2D is surpassed by 3D in strategy, intensity, and thus fun.
Wrong. 2D or 3D doesn't change intensity. Only stakes does. Fighting games have higher stakes and more on the line.
>It effectively is refuting the point
It doesn't. You're making an ancillary argument. You're strawmanning. Stay on the topic.

Highest intensity is PvP.
Lowest intensity is PvE, farming, crafting, collecting, etc.
Therefore pure PvP games are higher intensity.
Stakes also multiply the type of game. The highest stakes are real money. Even losing all your stuff in a game is lower stakes a certain amount of money.

Don't try to change the argument.

I do. I laid out what is higher intensity:
>Higher execution is of greater intensity
Therefore, fighting games > Ark
>PvP > PvE
Therefore, lobby games > persistent world.
>High stakes are greater than low stakes
Therefore, money > gear.