He's not wrong

He's not wrong.

Attached: 1657458805162 (1).png (578x652, 122.68K)

Turn based rpgs are trash

>forgetable characters
this is literally incorrect. you can argue they're bad, but nobody would give a shit about any FF game if not for the characters
every other point stands

Yoshida isn't.

You however you screenshoted your tweet are you fucking faggot.

Attached: 1586500213397.jpg (960x767, 107.37K)

Yeah, memorable characters are the only selling point.

Attached: 1652147720778.jpg (1011x893, 196.85K)

I like how Yoshida sets a lot of people's asses on fire.
Dude is definitely doing something right.

Attached: 1656552484970.jpg (480x640, 50.43K)

Yeah wow man everyone forgot about Sepiroth and Cloud and his big sword, and Tifa and her big tits, Tidus and his memes, Vivi and his Hat, Y'Shtola and her cat ears, Kefka and his fancy ass dress, Aerith and the sword in her chest etc...

Attached: Tifa.jpg (850x1164, 190.91K)

>fromdrones are so insecure they have to involve themselves in all gaming discussion reminding everyone they are fromdrones

lmao. Stray really wrecked those faggots didnt it lmao

Attached: 92c.jpg (1078x1174, 268.92K)

>What makes a Final Fantasy game... a Final Fantasy game?
Turn-based combat. Fuck you.

turn based rpgs are fine, it's random encounters and the anime story that makes jrpgs fuckng dogshit

Sqeenix putting all their money in to it.
There's no real unifying banner that Final Fantasy falls under aside for that. Sqeenix dumps ALL the money into Final Fantasy, and that's what makes that title a Final Fantasy title instead of being...I dunno, Bespoken. Forespaken? Whatever.
Compare it to, say, the Mana franchise where Magic Fairy Tree + "Chosen One" = Mana game.

Do you even crystals?

welp, FF4, FF5, FF6, FF7, FF8, FF9, FF12, FF13 are not FF games by that logic

Insisting that ATB games aren't turnbased in one special kind of autism for sure.

Only thing that makes Final Fantasy at this point is self referential shit.
>Completely unique setting that could be it's own fantasy IP nearly each game.
>Now let's just throw in some references to the IP, a few Ifrit's, Leviathans, Shiva's, oh gotta have Bahamut.
>Now we'll make sure to reuse some names of places from the original six games as call backs.
>Oh we're also gonna call any robots or machinery we have in our games Magitek.
>And we'll throw in a Moogle for good measure.
There you go that's how you make a final fantasy game in modern day.

What are some good turnbased RPGs?

turn based implies enemies don't do shit until the player has played their turn, yeah, which is what more than half of the series isn't doing

>There you go that's how you make a final fantasy game in modern day.
Why haven't they, still? FFXVI looks like an abomination.

FF games always had flaws, like any good game does. The thing is that it doesn't feel like an adventure from FFXII onward.
No overworld, no bigger adventure, no interesting or fun cast. Even FFXII had more adventure than XV.
It just feels like something has been lost from the franchise completely. I don't think VA is needed in vidya. Makes it so that you can't even name your party, if you even have one in FFXVI.
FFIX was the last "traditional" Final Fantasy and it makes me sad. I like both X and XII a lot, even if they were so different, but it is clear that Square Enix wants le realistic grafix with light anime coating and in-game noodle advertisements.

I really miss adventures, memorable characters, and FUN stories with dark moments.

Attached: c9789870d6133767349fc6b3f222a138.png (760x438, 464.83K)

valkyria chronicles and darkest dungeons

he isn't but he sounds like a fromfaggot so I'd bully him anyway

Attached: 1653979133573.webm (696x522, 1.72M)