Why did this board celebrate Cyberpunk 2077's failure...

Why did this board celebrate Cyberpunk 2077's failure? Isn't it a good thing when a highly anticipated game is good and a bad thing when it's bad? Don't you want more good games?

Attached: Cyberpunk_2077_box_art.jpg (316x316, 89.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sportskeeda.com/esports/cyberpunk-2077-developers-spark-outrage-releasing-apology-video-allegedly-blames-quality-team-game-s-poor-performance
youtube.com/watch?v=UjxS9ciNlII
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>"looks are everything in this world"
>can't get borged up Maelstrom-style
>can't go full chrome like Lizzy Wizzy
>choice of apparel has no effect on gameplay beyond percentage buffs a la Skyrim enchantments
>$300M budget and CDPR couldn't innovate on a decade-old system

>half a dozen apartments after patch 1.5
>none of them have any special features, only access to your stash and a few flavour animations like drinking or sitting down
>can't invite friends or romantic interests over, none of the apartments have any tie-in to new objectives or characters, plus there's no survival mode so drinking, eating and sleeping are unnecessary

>player stash so you can collect all the loot you find
>it's just a basic container without a weight limit
>can't assign outfits, schedule auto-upgrades, or any kind of special functions

>every time you put an item in your inventory it gets flagged as "new" by a yellow star
>this happens if you put an item in your stash and then retrieve it later because there's no permanent item flag for player ownership

>huge open world and multi-level, multi-district city
>not a single hidden secret; no black markets, no hidden vendors, no unmarked quests,

>post-intro appearance customisation after patch 1.5
>can't change or replace body parts, even at a ripperdoc; can't do any kind of body modding, limb replacement or change your gender on a whim
>you're limited to skin tones, make-up and haircuts

>sidequest about a guy getting a chrome dick
>can't get one yourself despite having dialogue which proves you know the model and even the market for such things
>even if you could, V's genitals are only visible in the clothing menu
>genitals are invisible in both 1st person and the BioWare-tier sex scenes

>city full of bikes and biker gangs
>no biker driving AI, thus no bikers on the roads

Attached: 1654971323000.png (500x377, 210.41K)

When you say failure, do you mean the game being so horribly put together and unreprestentative of the marketing material you could essentially accuse the devs of lying, or do you mean the critical and culture backlash that happened as a result of the game being launched in an unacceptable state?

Because the former is bad that it happened, but the latter is good because a company should be punished for basically lying about their product to get preorders

Attached: bustyauntcass.jpg (1200x674, 116.52K)

>dozens of purchasable vehicles
>all vehicles have basic self-driving
>no garage system and vehicles can't be sold or customised
>vehicles stay where you last parked them instead of going back to a garage when not in use

>vendors everywhere
>enemies drop more ammo, healing items and loot to scrap or sell than you'll ever need
>find myself only visiting clothing vendors in order to play dress-up

>plenty of the clearable quest locations are bars, stores, or otherwise public places
>most of them close to the player once their associated mission is complete (e.g., Clouds)

>kill every gang member, no exceptions
>they respawn in a day or so and it has no bearing on your relation any faction since there isn't even a faction reputation system
>not to mention the unkillable NPCs you can't even aim your weapon at

>clear every NCPD objective
>doesn't unlock anything and the cops still kill you if you stand next to them for more than five seconds
>the NCPD vs. gang encounters respawn after a few days anyway, rendering your work pointless

>clear every Fixer mission
>V is still a nobody in NC; no shop discounts, no special encounters, everyone in Afterlife ignores you, there are no real perks or rewards beside gear worse than what you can craft

>Claire is described as trans in V's database before it's ever mentioned to the player
>trans pride flag on car, awkward, unavoidable dialogue about it
>in a world where full-body transplants are commonplace and plastic surgery is the norm

I could go on but there's no point.

No, it won't be fixed.
No, they won't patch every bug.
No, they won't release proper modding tools so the community can fix it.
No, they won't deliver on their promises.
No, it's not a good game.

Attached: 1657327111052.gif (400x282, 1.91M)

oh my god are you 12

This game is a perfect proving point for how soulless and generic gaming has become, and not only that, falsified advertising/promises. Should be illegal.

Here come the general schizos to claim Cyberpunk is a masterpiece.

I like good games that don't have soulless marketing campaigns

I can tell you weren't here for TORtanic.

Because I was on the testing team and guess what 90% of the people where volunteer's and 16.
The balls on this company to blame children for their incompetent behavior is astonishing.

>source: my ass

Nigger. Nobody wanted it to fail. The schadenfreude only came when the Polish devs went 200% in on marketing trying to salvage their half-baked trash, using every dirty trick in the book to maximize early sales.
I hope they are in a permanent state of misery.

sportskeeda.com/esports/cyberpunk-2077-developers-spark-outrage-releasing-apology-video-allegedly-blames-quality-team-game-s-poor-performance

death to america and death to pooland

Doesn't prove you were on the testing team.

It was a Monday

I still work for them so that's not gonna happen I'm not 16 and get paid...

I don't, I mourn that the game was such a gigantic piece of shit, I wanted it to be great like the trailer that sold me on it.
youtube.com/watch?v=UjxS9ciNlII

Reminder, Badowski was the faggot that ruined it all. I can't believe that piece of shit is still at the company.

Attached: Badowski.png (3256x4516, 1.64M)

CDPR lied about the game in their marketing and they misled early reviewers.

Yep that's cyberpunk alright.

So TL;DR badowski wanted a GTA clone so he made a very shitty one so it turned what was supposed to be an rpg is a very shitty GTA clone.

They just like to see anyone who isn’t them fail.

>so he made a very shitty one
GTA is not good when it comes to gameplay it's completely incompetent

>200 awards before release and before the game was even finished
Reviewers got to play the first mission which is arguable the best part of the game, then proceeded to shill the fuck out of that game, reviewers were as dishonest as CDPR.

sup bitchiski, hows the company doin?

>every cyberpunk mod is just a cosmetic swap or something to play barbie
Honestly if that doesn't tell you everything then you're not old enough to be here. No-one playing the game cares about the story or gameplay, they just like to look at asses; which is fair enough, I guess, but you don't get to pretend your dress-up sim is a game. It's a slideshow with moving parts.

Attached: 1640902365629.jpg (252x260, 5.78K)

Game’s good. Cope trannies.

GTA SA made cyberpunk look outdated. Take that into consideration for second faggot.

If GTA is incompetent then Cyberpunk is at the bottom of the fucking barrel.

Attached: CDPR is retarded.jpg (1902x1512, 348.91K)

Games archived as one of the biggest disappointments in video game History. It will never escape that consensus you fucking loser.

I don't disagree but don't pretend GTA is doing fine it's a terrible third person everything.
Can't platform, parkour is broken/boring, shooting and weapons are a joke.
Ai is good enough but come on this is a movie more then a game.

GTA has a simple game loop, story and mission consist of driving and shooting which is what the game is build around, it manages to do those 2 things right so it works. "incompetent" is a word I would use to describe every aspect of cyberpunk's design.

If he wanted to make a GTA clone he would have left the game as a third-person game. Badowski was up his own ass and was probably just throwing random shit at the wall to see what would stick. He had the Tabletop RPG as a blueprint and still fucked it up.

Watchdog's is better then gta5 in everything

Before there was a lot of gameplay Any Forums had this idea that it would be an open world immersive sim or a cyberpunk fallout new vegas when in reality it was just GTA V with neon lights and robotic augmentations.

Negro I had to force myself to finish GTA V that's how fucking boring that shit was, at the very least watchdogs had quirky shit hacking, stealing money from atm and playing vigilante(In the case of Aiden just killing people regardless). GTA IV is as good as the series got.

>reality it was just GTA V with neon lights and robotic augmentations.
If only that was the case.

>He had the Tabletop RPG as a blueprint and still fucked it up.
Tons of interesting characters, lore and stories to take inspiration from and they didn't took advantage of that, it's truly depressing.

>Any Forums had this idea
The entire industry had this idea, and it was what they were suggesting in their marketing and interviews.

Attached: missing content.png (1021x3583, 3.98M)

>Can't platform
The game isn't a platformer.
>parkour is broken/boring
GTA isn't Assassins Creed.
>shooting and weapons are a joke
The shooting and weapons get the job done.
>Ai is good enough
The AI is a fucking masterpiece of coding compared to CP. That piece of shit doesn't even have a working Police Wanted system yet. Don't even get me started on how shitty the vehicles feels in 2077.