N64 was so shit you had to buy extra ram to play certain games

>N64 was so shit you had to buy extra ram to play certain games

What was the reaction to this at the time? Did the tendies lap it up like they do everything?

Attached: d58624e1-7ee2-4226-b81a-55aa7794e25e_1.ab2f2c33f4c8ffa15154e44081c6024b.jpg (500x500, 42.34K)

I think the Saturn was the same

Which games needed it?
I never changed anything on mine.

Majoras Mask and uh no I think that's it.

DK64 and Majora's Mask
Perfect Dark technically didn't require it but you were locked out of 80% of the game if you didn't have it

It came bundled with dk64 so you know it’s shit

You could get the Expansion Dong as a bundle with many early games that required it at a fairly small increase in cost, so not many people were upset with it.

All fucking zoomers must fucking hang.

Atleast the console outlives the PSX disc reading laser.

DK64, MM and Perfect Dark

Majoras Mask
Donkey Kong 64
Most of Perfect Dark
Hydro Thunder for 3/players

I'm sure other games required it.

As for games I had that benefited (but not required) from it, Resident Evil 2, Gauntlet Legends, Road Rash 64, Rush 2049.

>PS4 was so shit you had to buy a PS4 Pro
Expansion pack was FREE with Donkey Kong 64.
And wait until you hear about Sega.
Actually, just fucking do everyone a favor and die somewhere you worthless zoomers.

Boomer tendies did complaint and most didnt buy it.

Millennials tendies probably didnt know or care about it at the time

Idk about zoomer tendies but those maggots would suck dicks for anything coming from the Ni-Jap so

Wouldn't know. My parents loved me so they got me a PS1.

Attached: 61KPFN43GSL.jpg (500x497, 74.57K)

>I'm sure other games required it.

nope, thats literally it, a lot of games went higher resolution textures, but only MM, D64, and Perfect dark actually NEED it.

Perfect dark is a bullshit case and you can play a shitty demo if you dont have the pack but its pretty much required

Hybrid Heaven had an option for it too.

But it made the game far worse. It lagged out the ass with it on.

desu I was more cheesed off by Xboxs stupid DVD remote dongle
I got my expansion pack for free when I bought DK64

It came with dk64 which everyone had so no big deal

If you weren't underage you'd know.

How is upgradablility shit? If you could double your RAM in a PS5XSX for $30 you would be Cummings in your pants

5th gen of consoles itself was a mess due to forcing 3D so hard. I wish at least one of them put out a solid 2D based console skipping 3D until next gen. Should have been Saturn.

It came packaged with DK64 so I never really thought twice about it. Just slap it in and you're set. Good luck ever getting it back out though

Only a select few. Duke Nukem: Zero Hour actually runs shittier with it if I recall correctly.

They advertised it as enhancing games so when my dad came home with DK64 + Expansion Pak I was pretty excited.