Can draw

>can draw
>can code
>can write
>can make music
>can make an industry career or indie living with each of them in isolation basically guaranteed
>knowing how to do and combining all four to make an indie game is a complete crapshoot
>years of work can go down the drain in an instant if players don't like or hear about your idea

Why are games like this

Attached: 324.jpg (869x943, 249.59K)

Just make a meme game for zoomers.

are you black/ female/ gay/ all three? You might have a chance if meet at least one of the criteria. If you're a straight white dude you could grow out your hair and claim to be trans or cut off a leg because handicapped people are the new cool shit

>Taking risks in entertainment when the entirety of a project's success is determined by algorithms since word of mouth doesn't exist, social relationships are gone and the internet has an attention span of 5 picoseconds
why would anyone

just put a cat on the cover or something, games nowadays live and die by how much normalfag social media meme bait they are

Ywnbtf

Thankfully

Attached: 0597.jpg (800x611, 148.07K)

t. phil fish

The reason is that you obviously have no business knowledge. You need to do market research and get advertisements in addition to actually being good at all the four skills you mentioned. In a normal company they actually do all of these non-trivial things, but it would be difficult for one person in isolation.
Another option is that some people can get by if they already have a fanbase from somewhere else, because that gets them free marketing. Can you build your own audience by focusing on your drawing or music for a few years? You need to use social media, I'm sorry.

>Live reaction

Attached: fez.png (533x261, 30.07K)

>wanting to be toby fox when you could be eric

Attached: 1647204574521.png (1463x894, 1.46M)

>You need to use social media, I'm sorry.
Can't I just talk about my game here? I actually like my hole here.

>wanting to be Eric when you could be Pixel

Attached: Daisuke_Amaya.jpg (640x439, 121.84K)

If the game is extremely good and has qualities that Any Forums considers attention-worthy ("soulful", waifus, niche setting or idea), then it may be sufficient. But you will need to work very hard, the /agdg/ memes are pretty close to the truth.

Why do people type like this and expect everyone to know what abbreviation they mean

>make streamer bait roguelite with memes/funny undertone
>hope and pray one of the indie game streamers play your game (Forsen, Soda, etc.)
Simple as

Attached: 1640350062723.jpg (590x550, 34.07K)

Just make games that you want to exist.

I would love to do that but I also need to eat and pay bills

Attached: 1659102150245.jpg (702x566, 181.71K)

welcome to every single creative endeavor for all of time

your struggle is not special

work and make a game then duh. if you're making dramatic threads about the act of gamedeving you surely like it enough to spend some of your free time on it, no?

Every game that takes 10+ years to make is garbage, no exceptions

if i could code at least i could make roguelikes and ascii games but nooooo i had to inherent the brainlet genes

Attached: 1637070633992.jpg (1020x574, 50.38K)

Is a roguelike actually a good beginner project?

Attached: akihito-tsukushi.jpg (547x720, 205.77K)