Why do people play 50+ hour long JRPGs?

Why do people play 50+ hour long JRPGs?

Attached: a6Oe4N2_460s.jpg (460x870, 89.23K)

Because I like video games.

Attached: f8370d0fe373963861a3d80811ce2869.jpg (1275x1800, 1.15M)

This.

>50
too short

They treat it like a long TV show

Why do people play shootan for 1000 hours?

I used to enjoy being immersed onto the world and getting to know the characters over long periods. It felt like the same level of value and immersion as binging a good multi-season show. Thing is, eventually I realised that most JRPG characters are walking tropes and once you know them well, there are rarely any surprises, and I started to drift to open-world titles and western RPGs for their plots. I haven't played and completed a JRPG or WRPG in years at this point.

Attached: 1606525730242.png (602x677, 280.01K)

Thought you might like to know i came to her yesterday

Attached: 1626788951461.png (1120x840, 1.67M)

fpbp

Attached: FMwQmIaXwAMlCKy.jpg (740x740, 130.76K)

Why do you ask stupid fucking questions you worthless waste of oxygen

Jade is so pretty!

Attached: ADB67BA8-B6B2-4AA6-97B7-CE4BAAAFB071.jpg (554x554, 24.59K)

They're comfortable and fun. I only play video games as a side thing either way so spending a few hours or minutes here and there in a DQ game as I go through my day is very rewarding.
You're so close yet so far away. WRPGs sometimes aren't as bad, but the overwhelming majority are just as trite when it comes to narrative (they're genre fiction, after all), not to say anything of open world games.
You're probably sick of reading this, but there's wisdom in it: go pick up a book. And not just mediocre genre fiction, respect yourself by reading the literary greats. What you want is in there.

>why is vidya a timesink

Here, you adhd-ridden zoomer faggot. Here's a fucking game more suited to your short attention span you retard. Enjoy, gobble this shit up.

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 8.91K)

i would get her pregnant

because soul, fun and more soul, not stuff like XC that is 50% grinding, but if you use cheats to take down the grinding it's a great 25 hours long JRPG with fun, soul, and more fun

If the game has a cute girl constantly showing off her tits belly button and I can consistently imagine her being gangbanged by goblins for being too much of a cocky teasing slut, I'll put in at least 30 hours.

Because some of them are fun

>go pick up a book
Why would you assume that because I like(d) RPGs I didn't read? I read Tolkien's entire works, aside from his letters, in my early teens, and have a bookshelf of novels, varying things like The Annals of Tacticus, Sharpe, and my favourite fantasy series is 'Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn'. I've never managed to get all the way through Wheel of Time, though. My Kindle Paper is full to bursting and one of the best things I've ever bought.

So I appreciate the advice, but I'd advise in return to dial back the presumptions because someone also likes stories in other mediums.

Attached: four million words, 11900 pages.jpg (2560x1920, 909.45K)

>Why would you assume that because I like(d) RPGs I didn't read?
Because then you'd understand all genre fiction as inherently flawed due to its quality as pulp. Video games, including RPGs, are more than just stories.
Then again you're a fantasy reader so I guess you just want more of what you clearly love. More power to you.

Well, stray's puzzles may be easy, but your brain will need to function more than playing fucking dragon quest anyway

Nah

>western rpgs
>plots
almost every modern western rpg is democratic faction vs fascist faction in tolkien/star wars rip off with stoic characters everywhere
its all the same on both sides. but at least the japs still do shit like SMT which is actually interesting