Open world

Why there are so many open world games? When this phenomenon will end?
Largest part of theses games are wastelands filled with boring and repetitive side quests.
Can you recommend me a game with a fun open world?

Attached: 333.jpg (2000x1125, 251.93K)

walking is part of the gameplay dipshit, deal with that adhd before you grow up or life will be horrible

open world will always be better than linear shit

>Can you recommend me a game with a fun open world?
yes, try elden ring

>walking is fun
>collecting a thousand irrelevant objects is fun

Attached: ssd.jpg (640x504, 45.6K)

red dead 2. red dead 1. GTA (any). Elden ring. Destiny 2 (kind of, and I wouldn't really recommend it to new players desu)

goyim ring is a snooze fest of empty plains with lame enemies scattered throughout
just pick up any gta and run over people

Attached: GTA3boxcover.jpg (220x284, 32.49K)

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Elden ring asks; what if you could climb those mountains in the distance you saw in the dark souls games? And on top of them was a reused boss or chalice dungeon? Wouldn't that be awesome?

>red dead 2
lol, fuck no, riding the horse feels like ass, and causing fights just by bumping into people is fucking gay.

The open world doesn't have much interaction, and it becomes so dull once you unlock flight, nevermind how annoying it is that initiating flight starts that shitty flight song.

easy to pad out play time and therefore the perceived value of the product

Because it's FUN
FUN sells
If you don't like it, don't play it.

ETERNAL REMINDER
if your game has fast travel it's because your 'slow' travel sucks
any game with fast travel is by design not taking advantage of the fact it's an open-world game

Attached: 32324324234.jpg (255x233, 16.56K)

Sorry user but the answer is no. I was asking this question 15 years ago. It's just a normal style of game now and it's not going away. Just accept that there are going to be types of games that aren't for you being made.

Exploring is fun. And even more so in Elden Ring. The only faggots who hate open world are zoomer cattle who need quest marker to direct their golden fish low testo attention.

Attached: beautiful.webm (640x800, 1.76M)

Name ONE open world game without fast travel

>Can you recommend me a game with a fun open world?
Genshin Impact

Attached: 20220109234928.jpg (4096x2160, 432.03K)

Theres exactly 2 nice open world games:
Gothic/Gothic 2/Elex
Genshin Imapact

Only good open world is entirely handmade openworld and content dense one

For example, Skyrim doesnt qualify, since its still just mostly empty map with pointers on it

>The only faggots who hate open world are zoomer cattle
no, you dont get it.

Exploring is fun in well made open world games. Most open world games arent well made. Just look at Ubisoft shit.

>praising Elden Ring and thinking he's not zoomer cattle
the game has sold over 13 million copies, it's one of the most zoomer normalfag games out there right now and casualized to fuck which is why it received so many 10/10s and praise from redditors who are new to the series
the only exploring you're doing in ER is finding the same copy-paste bosses in poorly designed caves, mines etc which don't even loop back to the start or lead back outside
the only thing you can find in ER is enemies and loot to help you kill more enemies, the answer to every 'what's over there?' is ALWAYS just 'more shit to kill'
reminder that in Limgrave, Liurnia and Caelid there are 2 (TWO) non-repeated bosses, Rennala and Radahn

Attached: 1650733683424.jpg (827x457, 58.78K)

I like final fantasy 12s use of "open world". Isnt all just empty grass fields.

it sold well because it is the best game ever made and got somewhat appropriate recognition it deserves, chud. It should've been sold 30 mil copies. if we are beingrealistic about how good it is.

Attached: 1601589449751.webm (720x720, 789.82K)

this, with the ultimate irony being that the normalfags that buy open-world goyslop don't even finish them
I think it was only around 20% of people that beat The Witcher 3, yet the majority would readily praise it as a 10/10 and definitely buy Witcher 4 despite never beating it
and if Witcher 4 went against the grain and said they're going for a more linear experience that can be beat in 20 hours, but those 20 will be highly replayable and extremely high quality? they'd blow a gasket
we will never go back to tight, focused, well designed games

Attached: 1656017275343.gif (220x381, 1.21M)