OH NO NO NO STADIABROS

OH NO NO NO STADIABROS

Attached: stadia223.png (793x753, 355.99K)

Where will I go for gaming on the cloud now?

nvidia, xbox, amazon...

btw big tech giants are infallible lords we must all kneel before

Xbox game pass

Hell, hopefully

Stadia is (was?) actually a really technically good streaming platform, they just fucked up the business model. Charging full-price for streaming-only was crazy, and paying a subscription to get one or two free games a month really didn't seem worth it. The streaming on xcloud doesn't seem as smooth as Stadia, but the fact that it lets you play just about any game on gamepass makes it way more appealing.

I can't believe I thought this was gonna work before it launched "because if anyone has the infrastructure, it's google"

BAKA

That's the problem with an insurgent like google making it. A streaming service where I can access a preexisting library like Xbox or Geforce is way more appealing.

I thought this was already over?

Infrastructure doesnt mean shit if your business model is garbage.

Can't wait to go back to various dead shill channels on youtube and gloat in their comments.

Attached: smug rindo.jpg (1288x1230, 322.84K)

Yup. The business model was absolutely brain dead. I'm guessing that the game publishers gave then serious pushback and did not allow for any kind of deal to be made. I imagine they had very strict rules that games had to be sold at MSRP or at parity with other platforms.

Google has enough smart people that would have have realized this wouldn't work, so I have to imagine there was a lot of business friction behind the scenes.

>reports KilledByGoogle
What a reliable source...

Game Pass unironically

Back into your hole groomer

kek

100% this
Either charge a little more per month but let me play every game for free, or only charge me for each game
There's no way I'm going to pay for both

you can say that cloud gaming is in the clouds

does anyone even use the Amazon Luna one? that’s probably next to go

Oh no who could have foreseen this except literally everyone that wasn't some out of touch retarded exec in google

All 10 users are devastated by this news

Hardware can be had for as little as $500 every 5 or so years, which works out to less than $10 a month. Nobody with an IQ above room temp would even consider streaming a sensible option unless they were literally giving it away for free, and even then many would still just pay for the hardware and not having to deal with input delay, having to be always online, data caps, etc.

And nothing of value was lost.

Buy a Cloud Amiibo and sit on it