Hunt: Showdown

How's everyone enjoying the event?

Attached: snakes.jpg (2560x1440, 395.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=caMSSQUDq-8
youtube.com/watch?v=UxQ4U13e3XQ
youtube.com/watch?v=gLd5mE5-8jI&t=11s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's not bad.
The BP isn't very generous

The green is neat.

Servers seem to be of very varying quality.

I still can't voice chat with randoms which makes no sense and I'm not giving crytek another dime before they fix it.

It's 60 days this time.

Why does this game have line £150 of DLC? Isn't it supposed to be a competitive shooter? Is it just p2w or something?

Do you have a brain cell, or do you just try to post like this because you're interested in starting an argument.
Did you even check to notice that all of the DLC are cosmetics?

Seems okay to me. I'm at just about level 5 after a day of playing. Seems like plenty of time to complete it
>I still can't voice chat with randoms which makes no sense and I'm not giving crytek another dime before they fix it.
I've had a thing happen where the game communications settings change my audio input and output making me unable to hear randoms even though I can see that they're talking. Is that what's happening?
it's just cosmetic skins

why does a game that I already paid money for have $£150 of cosmetic DLC?

When is this game getting a centered crosshair so I can finally play it and not get filtered?

Attached: 1657986335506.jpg (850x1202, 260.83K)

well first of all you didn't pay for it because you don't play it, and second of all who the fuck cares? Just don't buy them if it bothers you so much. Many of them can be bought with earned currency in the game anyway

I just started playing, got it because of the sale. It seems neat.
Is there anything 'useful' I should spend these premium tokens on, because I'm tempted to buy the redneck skin or the guy in the big coat. Not paying money for anything though.

Never, stay filtered.

I care. When I buy a game I wanna get a full paid experience, not a f2p payment model.

Nothing useful, just go ahead and grab your redneck. Don't forget to save for redshirt next.

great, you get a full experience without spending any extra. all the cosmetics are just a bonus on top of the full experience that can be safely ignored if it bothers you. you stupid fucking autist

You're not missing out on the experience though?
The game is literally the same, in fact. You don't even see the character, it's an FPS.

right now you can spend them on the battlepass if you want, otherwise just grab whatever skins you like
never, and that's a good thing

Not that user but is there a reason for the lowered crosshair? I vaguely remember another game having something like it, FC5 I think? I've switched to the 'hunter' control setup so my gun isn't always ready. It seems fine except aiming THEN aiming again using the shift key is a bit ungainly. I wanted to bind the precision aim to a side button on my mouse but it's a cheap one so if I hold RMB it registers the side buttons as a left mouse click.
Cool. Redshirt also seems neat.
What does the BP actually give you? I know most of the weapons aren't 'permanent' unlocks since you lose them if you die. Not really interested in the weapon skins.

Cosmetics are content.
You might be too young for it. But, unlocking cosmetics used to be a very big chunk of content in multiplayer shooters.

Alright so they should've released it and never updated, or would you rather that they support the game by MAKING you pay for content instead of funding it through optional skins?

We're talking about your experience.

I mean specifically chat at distance and when I'm dead which every premade team is capable of.

Not enjoying it, because nobody in OCE plays

Not true, I get games every night.

I'm in my thirties lmao. Almost a guarantee that I'm older than you. I'm just not a raging autist over a game trying to make a little extra scratch for optional content that I don't even want. And like I said, much of the extra content can be earned in game by just playing. Get the fuck over it or move on
BP is just free weapons, hunter skins, and weapon skins. The skins are permanent unlocks, but yes you have to buy new weapons for your hunter when they die
Oh well that's by design so it won't ever be "fixed". Doesn't bother me, and personally I enjoy the proximity chat with randos. I play a lot of solo too

You can still unlock stuff just by playing the game. Being good at the game actually rewards you with the "premium currency" that you can use to get all the stuff you want.

I feel like if you can't turn profit in a game that has 1 game mode, like 3 maps and 8 different weapons, you've really fucked up your development costs.

So a f2p style busi

I feel like when you make it so obvious that you don't have a clue what you're talking about you should just shut the fuck up

The only thing you might want to be aware of is that if you want one of the event skins from previous events they've started selling them again when the event comes around again, so you can try to plan for that by saving up.

I accept your defeat.

>BP is just free weapons, hunter skins, and weapon skins. The skins are permanent unlocks, but yes you have to buy new weapons for your hunter when they die
Alright. I noticed they've got that alofs tube reloading thing in the BP/event, does that mean it goes away at the end of the event? Do I need to unlock it before the end of the event?
Eh, if I'm honest MOST of the skins don't really appeal that much and a lot of them seem locked behind paid DLC. The current snake guy seems neat though, do I need to unlock him before the event ends? How plausible is that for a newbie?

You should probably accept your own mental retardation instead.

I play this game on and off and I'm sad that the best cosmetics were during the crow event. Do they ever re-release any of the older stuff or is it forever locked for me?

In 100 hours of playing this game I haven't felt the need to spend a dime on anything. Buy whatever skins you like, maybe a hunter slot if you absolutely need it.
This game has a ton of verticality, majority of the compounds are 2+ story buildings. Basically, lowered crosshair allows you to see more. Also casual fps players point their crosshair at the ground 80% of the time anyway.

If your argument fails and you have to resort to ad hominem it's pretty clear you've lost user. :)

I'm not going to argue with a bunch of misinformation, user. That's why I decided to just call you names instead. :^)

Eh, I already have 4 or 5 slots? I think that's probably enough. Are the 'skins'/models that come up that aren't 'legendary' all random? Can I specify one kind or another? Change any of the details or make a custom?

>I enjoy the proximity chat with randos

One does not necessarily exclude the other you know, and frankly, I don't give a fuck what bothers you. Random teams are operating at a disadvantage for no apparent reason and all the parts needed to fix this are already implemented in the game yet Crytek refuses to do so.

>I couldn't refute, so I just chimped out
Many such cases.

They are random and can't be modified in any way iirc.

> does that mean it goes away at the end of the event?

I haven't checked for this event specifically but that has never been the case before and would go against their general design philosophy.

Random teams are going to be at a disadvantage inherently because they're random and don't have a built up rapport with each other like a group of discord friends do. It really doesn't affect the game very much and sounds like a cope desu. Especially with you getting all pissy about it in your reply to me lmao

here's a few helpful videos that will probably answer a lot of questions you might have

youtube.com/watch?v=caMSSQUDq-8
youtube.com/watch?v=UxQ4U13e3XQ
youtube.com/watch?v=gLd5mE5-8jI&t=11s

Ah, that's a shame. I guess I can always 'take my pick' of the ones that are offered. I kept getting the lady cowboy in the red shirt yesterday as the free one so I paid 200 of the regular money for a dude with a bowler hat.
I'm guessing money isn't THAT hard to attain? I went from like 4000-something to 6000-something in the course of a game or two?

Thanks, I'll give those a watch at some point.
Ah, okay then. I probably won't worry about it too hard. I'm just in that point in a game like this where there's like 20-30 different systems and it's all a mystery to me.

If you don't constantly prestige at level 100 and aren't terrible, you'll be swimming in money. I've been sitting on 200K for a while now