What am I in for?

Never played a Yakuza game before...

Attached: YakuzaLikeADragon.jpg (1440x2160, 978.55K)

A serious drama about the life of the criminal mafia known as Yakuza

A story about a kind man who becomes CEO of a small confectionery.

>What am I in for?
that tripfag arriving in this thread sooner or later and writing a blogpost for you

>Never played a Yakuza game before.
yakuza 7 isn't a real yakuza game it's a shitty jrpg

I don't think you know what a blogpost is.

Start with 0, what the fuck are you doing

LAD is a spin-off continuation, it's not apart of Kiryu Saga, so newbies can start with that if they want

Kiryu and Majima appear at some point, have fun going googly eyed at whoever the fuck they are

Not a good place to start, there's countless references to previous games

A soft reboot of the series but still Yakuza 7 so some of the stuff in the last third of the game will make no sense or not really matter as much to you because it was developed in 5 and 6. Everything but the combat and three people following you is identical to the other games so if you like the general format outside of the combat you'll most likely like the other games.
As a JRPG it's incredibly unbalanced and pretty basic. It's fun at first but its issues will pop up more and more frequently as you play.

If you can just start with release order with 1 on PS2 or start in the modern chronological order with 0.

A very boring jrpg

>spin-off continuation
It’s called 7 for a reason and still spoils shit from previous games while setting up future plot elements with those details from previous games

This kind man's just significantly more interesting than the last tsundere man.

a beautiful mess but still a mess
one of the best soundtracks though
everything around the game is great but the actual game is a turn based RPG
as nice as it looks and as much as they try to hide it, it's just a turn based RPG, and they are BORING
but managing a confectionery?
playing pachislots?
batting cages, trash collecting, and getting an education?
being able to play Super Hang On and Virtua Fighter 5?
and hundreds of interesting and fun side stories?
it's pretty good but go play a real Yakuza game like 3 or 4 after this

the games are called yakuza but your always leaving and working against the yakuza instead of doing bad shit for them and going up the ranks...

>the games are called yakuza
The games are called "Like a Dragon".

Attached: Like a Dragon 7: Whereabouts of Light and Darkness.jpg (450x572, 76K)

It was a dumb localization move.
Why they never kept it as "Like a Dragon" is beyond me.
Anyone else excited for the influx of cancer with PS Plus?

The eighth entry in a long series of games that not only has the most cliche shounen mc (was supposed to be pic related), but also some of the worst combat.

Nigga you won't believe how sloggish Yokohama feels until you play Lost Judgment and the combat has actual FLOVL

Attached: yakuza shinada chad.png (1280x720, 861.25K)

>you won't believe how sloggish Yokohama feels until you play Lost Judgment
Do you mean because 7's version of Yokohama sucks or because LJ's sucks? Because I wasn't a fan of Ijincho in 7 due to how lifeless a lot of it felt and how the top half had barely anything going in it but LJ's skateboard addition on top of them adding a bunch more stores and small shops to the top half made it feel more realized and enjoyable to explore.

I meant that Yakuza 7's version was bad, both from a design stand point and because of how slow combat is from start to finish. Honestly, Judgment is outgrowing Like A Dragon similar to Persona and SMT.

>Strongest MC
>style switching
>best QoL
>best girlfriends
>best Kamurocho

Attached: tatsuya based god yakuza 5.jpg (300x450, 25.12K)