Is Diablo the best in it's genre? Do any of the clones surpass it?

Is Diablo the best in it's genre? Do any of the clones surpass it?

Attached: diablo.jpg (800x1030, 130.36K)

PoE already eclipsed it unless you're blinded by nostalgia or after really particular experiences.

>PoE already eclipsed it
kek, there's literally more people playing D2 than PoE
5 million units sold for a shitty remake of a 20 year old game and your game isn't even 10 years old and more than 90% its total playerbase already left

Attached: poe.png (755x443, 162.52K)

Diablo > PoE > Diablo 2

Diablo 2 is unfortunately peak of the genre, some clones have been better for brief period of times but endless patches, forced online and balancing games around streamer faggots have ruined both D3 and POE.

Diablo > Diablo 2 > PoE
My captcha disagrees

Attached: unfortunate captcha.png (359x317, 14.93K)

wow that is the spookiest captcha i've seen

Based, in honor of your captcha I will pretend that Diablo 2 was superior for the next 24 hours

Grim Dawn is the only ARPG worth playing for non autists. If you want to play the same game for 10,000 hours then yeah, one of the Diablos or Path of Exile is probably the better choice (but still inferior to killing yourself)

Attached: 3045639-0001[1].jpg (1280x720, 159.39K)

if there is one genre that is supposed to be designed to play for 10k hours, then it's arpg. the random generation of items and maps aren't a trivial feature in consideration to that. it's a genre by and for autists

No because only a few builds are viable thanks to the game throwing monsters immune to one or two damage types at you in higher difficulties

Grim Dawn is a 100 hour game

grim dawn is a complete slog and the endgame is terrible

grim dawn doesn't have a multiplayer aspect worth playing. If it had a community like D2 had in 2002 it would fucking incredible.

Played like 12 hours of this and not once was I in any danger of dying. Didn't look up any build guides or anything.

There is no genre, just Diablo and it'ls clones

I do not get the appeal if Diablo. I found it boring and repetitive.

Titan Quest was good but too different, Fate and Torchlight came close. Nox actually fucking did it, gameplay is unrivaled, PvP is tits, I guess the only downside is the overall atmosphere which can't hold a candle to Diablo.

Attached: file.png (1200x1200, 2.35M)

remember torchic? I got the second one because everyone praised the first one, but I think it's shit

What a retarded design, it's like the game forces you to play sorc or else struggle past normal
>get an runeword that ignores resistances or else you can't play the game lol

Also unpopular opinion, Dark Souls is the best Diablo game since Diablo. While very different, it nailed exploration and multiplayer which are keystones of the genre, something most Diablo clones often overlooked.

Attached: Dark Souls HD.jpg (4320x810, 1.06M)

Nox has the best feel/control mechanics, but it has basically no abilities and the loot progression is completely linear and boring. It's like they spent all their time perfecting ARPG gameplay but forgot to make an actual ARPG.

More like grim yawn. Every time I try to play that I quit half way through.

I do not get the appeal if I found it boring and repetitive

If dark souls is a diablo game then call of duty is a quake game
fuck off fromdrone, you're not welcome here

Not him but he's correct. Souls games are to Diablo what super Mario 64 is to Super Mario 3
The only real difference is the setting and the extra dimension

>but it has basically no abilities
Play conjuror and say that again.

Or you can play it like a normal person taking your time with each level instead of expecting to rush everything a billion times a second because you've read somewhere there's a 0.002% interesting drop chance in that area with more than a certain % of magic find, after paying special attention to the calculations other autists made

You don't need to farm to complete the game with every build.
YOU DON'T NEED to farm to complete the game with every build.
I'll say it again.
YOU DON'T NEED TO FARM TO COMPLETE THE GAME WITH EVERY BUILD.
The best way to experience the game is to treat it as a single player+ instead of full multiplayer