GameStop

Ask anything, I started as a Guest Advisor on May 30th and this job isn't so bad as I thought. Especially considering I work in New York City, are there other anons that also work at gamestop on Any Forums?

Attached: 20220710_170502.jpg (3120x4160, 962.05K)

I look exactly like that and also say that

user... no way..

Why are you brown?

what race is this supposed to be? also did you notice iranias in the US are ashamed to admit they are from the iran so they say they are fuckin persian? dude what is this? 300?

Attached: 1648931045176.png (600x600, 223K)

Mother was Puerto Rican and father was Italian.

And I live in the Ghetto technically. It's pretty bad to the point where people tried giving foodstamp cards as to pay for a game.

It's so funny too because when Arabic customers come in, they try speaking to me in Arabic and always disappointed that I am Hispanic.

he's am*rican

It's a pretty easy entry level gig. Keep it cause there are way worse customer service jobs out there. I'm mostly surprised to hear there are still Gamestop stores, thought they'd all closed down. All the ones around me did.

It really is, the main issue is having lazy co-workers that don't want to do their job and you come in the next Thursday and it's a pain in your ass.

Also really lazy management. Especially here in the city.

I'm sorry that they closed down, GameStop might be Hot Topic 2.0 but at the very least you can meet some good people there.

my sister used to manage a gamestop. she said that every day annoying dudes would come in just to talk to her.

Yeah this happens to me as well, I don't mind when like special need people come in cause like people are lonely and I get that. I just really despise when people have no other personality other than reddit come to the store and talk nonstop. I have this one dude comes in everyday just to talk about how like he plays Master Duel still and I just can't help but feel bad.

why are you american?
fixed that for you

Unfortunately Spic Rican island isn't the best to have children at.

Any fat fucks enter the store to time to time or is NYC not filled with fat smelly people?
NYC was probably the city I saw the least amount of gross fat people when traveling the US.
t. europoor

Are you still forced to shill promos?

Unfortunately yeah, I have to do the whole,

HEY CAN I HAVE YOUR PHONE NUMBER?
OH I SEE YOU'RE NOT A PRO MEMBER, ARE YOU INTERESTED IN BECOMING A PRO MEMBER?
DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU GET WITH PRO MEMBERSHIP?
IT'S ONLY 15 DOLLARS ONCE A YEAR AND YOU GET A 5 DOLLAR COUPON OFF ANYTHING EVERY MONTH SO THAT'S A 45$ PROFIT.

DO YOU WANT A WARRANTY ON YOUR ITEM?

DO YOU WANT TO PRE ORDER ANY GAMES, YOU CAN DO A 5$ DEPOSIT TO RESERVE ANYTHING FOR YOU THE DAY OF LAUNCH?

Yeah whole lot of shilling going on.

Yeah you get Discord mods in store every other half hour, who don't bathe and who haven't seen their dick and balls since they were 15 and diabetic. It's pretty gross but I try being nice.

did you legit post your mug on Any Forums?

It's me alright.

Attached: 20220721_213734.jpg (4160x3120, 3.42M)

Jesus Christ, i don't know how you can stand that, that and uniforms.

it hasn't crossed your mind that this could be a bad idea?

based retard.

Nah it has, but I don't really mind. I'm full of bad ideas.

Well, there is no real uniform we have to wear, people can work in crocs and silly shit like that.

Kek I always hated getting that pro member spiel

I feel so bad every time someone does this to me
I love u

I don't think he's desperately trying to preserve his job at Gamestop.

What do you expect to happen? Really?

I apologize for every time you have to hear that shit. Thankfully it's the only wage slave shit I put myself through.

Pro Member shit can be GOOD if you live at GameStop but if you only show up twice a year, it's a waste. It's the only way GameStop makes money on top of like Pre-Orders and coverage for controllers and systems and games.

I love you too.

My company forced me to but I ignored them. I will never stoop that low to scam people

Draw an N on your forehead, like Cortex from Crash Bandicoot, so we know you're telling the truth

A bored user with photoshop could get creative his picture. You never know.

I'm sure Gamestop is the same but I used to work for a company that introduced a loyalty card scheme, had to give a similar spiel and get the customer to fill out a form in the store. Fucking hated doing it, and the manager was tracking who got the most signups and who wasn't getting any. Hope you've got an escape plan

What's the most interesting/memorable that happened to you?

Attached: cat-breakdancing.gif (640x636, 812.99K)

See that's why I'd never want to work there, I hate being forced to push bullshit like that on customers.

Every retail job I've worked had some bullshit like that and they all sucked, so never again will I work a shitty retail job because customers are dipshits.

Sounds annoying. I found a silver lining at least in my experience with coworkers/bosses not caring/being just shit at their job and that's when you're surrounded by idiots all you have to do is put in this modicum of effort and you end up looking amazing by comparison. I've run into that everywhere now that I think about it but I've also only worked customer service because I like it/have worms in my brain.

honestly, the customers are the best part of working in retail, I used to crave the shit customers because they made the day more exciting and gave you a new story to tell. It's the one thing I miss since getting out of retail but it's an easy trade when you're getting minimum wage and dealing with salaried cunt higher ups saying you should have undying loyalty to the company rather than your own education which will get you into a better job

you have some amazing eyebrows

I can sense them boys, abandon thread

Attached: 1658921960672018.png (484x481, 257.28K)

Haha, not at the moment I can but my Discord is Baron#9896 if you want to verify if it's me or not.
I appreciate you guys being in the same boat, it's why I don't try to push it hard at all unless people can really benefit from it and even then, rarely.

Doing a trade-in with 7 PS4 controllers, and cockroaches CRAWLING out of the white specifically and then matching eyes with the customer as they continue to ignore the fucking terrarium, they are trying to give me.

Thanks so much man, I have had my girlfriend help me out with them recently.

Attached: 20220709_161404.jpg (4160x3120, 3.13M)