If you take your nostalgia goggles off Shadow of Chernobyl wasn't any more scarier than Clear Sky or CoP...

If you take your nostalgia goggles off Shadow of Chernobyl wasn't any more scarier than Clear Sky or CoP. It was about the same.

Attached: 1632520770823.png (885x498, 1M)

I don't have nostalgia goggles for Clear Sky or CoP because they crashed like crazy. Also Clear Sky wasn't very good.

This.
Boomer NPCs think it's some kind of genre defining shit but it's an overglorified "open world" garb.

Dont think ive ever heard it referred to as being scarier

Low IQ take

>no argument
I accept your surrender

>no IQ
I accept your idiocy.

Cope

CoPe and put a SoC in it

>first descent into agro underground
>first bloodsucker and controller encounters
>all of x labs
It was, retard.

all of those games were dogshit with the only redeeming quality being their atmosphere, SoC being the peak

Stalker games are strange. The first hours I get soaked in because the atmosphere is brilliant. But after few hours it's so boring.

I have this issue since the Stalker SoC release.

Attached: 1657392926138.gif (360x270, 1.26M)

>nostalgia goggles
If you have nostalgia goggles for SOC, then you have nostalgia goggles for CS and COP as well, they were released on yearly basis.

>played stalker CoP
>there is this abandoned vacation resort in the beginning of the game where you kill a chimera
>it has those drawings made for children, cartoon animals, whatnot
>same in kindergarten in pripyat
>i had similar stuff in vacation resorts and in elementary school as an eastern euro kid
>kinda comfy nostalgia
>mfw people consider it creepy and scary

kinda funny how this stuff changes based on perspective. even labs were probably hitting me less because some of interior design felt like this one hospital i was staying in as a kid when i broke my arm

Attached: 1658169631199196.jpg (800x990, 167.17K)

Same imo though I'm not a slav, as a European the Stalker games are more comfy and atmospheric than they are scary because of the climate, weather and buildings

American here, nothing in Stalker was particularly scary. In fact, I don't think any game I've played is scary and I have decent amount of horror games under my belt. Not sure if perspective has to do with it

Did you played Postal 1?

>Chernobyl
Chornobyl. Use the correct spelling chud

No but I've seen some videos and saw the intermission loading screens. It's kind of unsettling but not very overtly scary and the music is the same too, some of the tracks are even kind of enjoyable to listen to although probably not for long.

Who cares about scary? It was just better

chad?