Why would you buy a fighting game that's more than a month old

I never understand why fighting games go on sale. If its more than a month old it's probably dead.
>J-Just join the discord!
It's dead and you're playing house with its corpse.

Buy a fighting game at launch, refund it after 1.99 hours on the same day. It's all downhill from there so why stick around?

Attached: images - 2022-07-29T170717.988.jpg (571x537, 19.94K)

I wish fighting games didn’t die so fast

Why DO fighting games die so fast?

I love the genre
I may play them with friends,especially offline
I like kusoges
Simple as that

Attached: 84119449_p0.jpg (304x304, 72.5K)

>play them with friends
I have a friend group who plays fighting games and none kf us have played a fighting game for like 2 months. Its just too hard to get everyone together at the same time

>you're playing house with its corpse.
If you like the game then why stop playing if you have a regular group of people to play it with?

You only need 1 person tho,but I agree. Gettin everyone in the same room is very hard
If not that, I just buy them to esperiment different games.
Also because I dislike the ghetto training modes on fightcade

Attached: EzwcrDCUUAQ_wrc.jpg (1080x1513, 132.91K)

Not enough commitment for new players to stick with a game and learn its nuances or for experienced players they find out that it's not a game they feel like investing further in.

>if you have a regular group
Yeah...

>you only need one person
Yeah, imagine having a group of 5 people and not being able to have a single game because none of them are available at the same time as anyone else.

I can only recommend you try and figure out a regular time to meet up. Any Forums used to have nightly UNI threads 5 nights a week Sunday-Thursday running for roughly 3-4 hours.

I wish I could play fighting games. It honestly feels like a sport/music/art where if you never played them as a kid you will NEVER be as good as people that did.

Attached: 1612915010876.gif (500x460, 787.27K)

That sucks.
Play them online,either them or randos or find an online "friend"
It would be better than nothing I guess
If you grind enough you'll get somewhere

Attached: a498b93ea8a5d0a0301f898c72e9f12dee685d73.png (427x598, 432.85K)

This is an online group so unfortunately the time zones are next to impossible unless one lf us is on holiday.

And yeah American timezone groups always run at like 10am to 1pm or 3am to 6am for me. I'm either at work or asleep.

Playing with randoms tend to not work because most of the games I like are dead, or I just put the controller down because its not as if it makes a difference with the amount of gameplay I'm getting out of it. Honestly I want to quit all multiplayer games because its just not feasible when you live in New Zealand and there's fucking no one arouns

There's usually a population burst when the games go on sale.

Well I can see the problem with that yeah.
Honestly fighting games are the only thing I play online.
Wish I could help you but I'm in italy, so i think not even fightcade can give us less than 200ms
Hope you get to find someone in a decent timezone

Attached: asunga mash.png (420x579, 235.23K)

Yeah it feels like people just care about THEIR game. Like how Melee is still going after a fucking decade or something

I play with someone in Poland and we've both just accepted that games are supposed to run like shit. Especially since we play anime fighters with shitty netcode and playing through the frames is a fucking skill

Are most fighting games "dead" in that they aren't receiving regular content updates and aren't drawing huge numbers on twitch, or are they so dead that you can't find matches?

Both! Fighting games typically don't get content quickly, especially since constant balances patches would fuck up people. Unless its game breaking, patches typically come out all at once to get it over with.

No new content means there's no reason to go back to the game after the initial hype dies down. Fighting games are primarily multiplayer based so unless it has a big install base, typically it becomes really quiet after the first 2 or 3 weeks. And its just a self perpetuating cycle because the fact that it becomes more quiet leads more people to abandon it which leads it to become more quiet.

Damn, I'd even dig some anime fighter.
Too bad the netcode usually sucks on those.
I miss playing unist and I'd love to learn arcana hearts

Attached: LiliPout.png (621x706, 429.48K)

Love Arcana Hearts, especially since it has decent single player mode offerings. But yeah the netcode ain't too great. I think its better on SIXSTARS but that's still early access so, eh.

It sounds like you still play them though. Do you stick with any of them or do you migrate from game to game?

If you like a game's multiplayer and you can still readily find matches, that seems like enough reason to go back to it.