Took your sweet time, Marine

>Took your sweet time, Marine

Attached: UAC.png (1600x1200, 2.56M)

god I loved this game so much

Attached: 3-5_11zon.jpg (650x576, 69.43K)

Yeah, it's top kino, a real underappreciated gem.

the dark complaints at the time were so fucking annoying, yes, it's they went on a terror/jumpscare direction and it's the first time in gaming we were can produce actual good shadows, of course it's fucking dark, I played DOOM when it was launched 11 years before and still loved Doom 3 despite being very different
feels nostalgic to remember overclocking my 9600xt to almost melting point so I could marvel at this piece of art

I loved the darkness, what's more terrifying than your vision being impaired and challenged, seeing flickers of movements and wondering if it's just a wire or your imagination or an imp or worse.
The entire game felt claustrophobic and I was riddled with anxiety the entire time, what I wouldn't give to be a 14yo again too scared to progress past a certain point in this game.

>and wondering if it's just a wire or your imagination or an imp or worse
yes, I remember to this day getting my back on what a fought to be a wall between two server racks so I could look at the room with the lantern in peace and there was a fat zombie behind me, literally jumped out of my chair
yes it made no sense for the marine not to be able to hold the flashlight while holding a gun, but gameplay wise it was cool, it was very nerve-racking to change between them and have to pull up the light to check if there was nothing else alive when you finished shooting enemies in the complete darkness in front of you

>yes it made no sense for the marine not to be able to hold the flashlight while holding a gun
It makes sense for the twohanded guns, but yeah for the pistol I guess it made little sense and even the twohanders probably had a flashlight attachment.
Still like you said, from a gameplay perspective it just worked.

This.

*makes far cry chuds seethe

is good
is dark
is spooky

Attached: DOOM 3_ 23_06_2022 19_36_04.jpg (3840x2160, 525.89K)

>Bah Bing Bing
>Welcome to UAC...
God, so many of the sounds and moments and dialog of this game are fucking ingrained in my memory, and I haven't played it since like 2007 lol

bump

People on /vr/ post daily "Why can't games ever look like pre-rendered cgi" but this game is exactly that style, but looks even better. Compare Beast Wars (in hd now on youtube) to it.

Name?

those tits and those lips are fake. That said, yes, Doom 3 is a great game.

octokuro

Attached: wallhaven-rde8ow.jpg (1080x1440, 695.32K)

This game is for slow retards. Also pussies that find video games scary and actually get immersed in this boring nonsense rather than see how formulaic and predictable it is. Sage.

I had a dream I was playing it after 11 of not having done so for some reason. The nostalgia cycle has also moved up to this generation now. There'a some game emulating it that recently came out

Decent game that's made 10x better with some mods. Check out the "Weapons of Mars Destruction" and the "Enhanced Edition" mods, they fix up the weapons to feel much better and give some graphical updates without breaking the core game.

Doom 3 had a decent story IMO, likeable if simplistic.

Just need specularity without correcting from gamma space.

Attached: LinearRendering-Infinite3DHeadScan.jpg (650x450, 75.84K)

I really like the computer screens and how you interact with them in this game.

I wish the computer demon jumpscare was still in.