Why do people hate this game so much?

why do people hate this game so much?

Attached: 3A5E1D38-8444-4827-9503-16E9A3AFC646.jpg (1500x1356, 479.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KftBJTJb1II
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's ridiculously edgy and melodramatic for no real reason. It also constantly breaks the "show don't tell" rule.

Actually it's only edgy at the beginning. Past that it goes full blown persona4 - friendship saves the day bullshit. People hate it because mainline SMT has always been religious edgy theme but then suddenly this one jumps the shark and turn it into persona 4 story - which you are plainly told that you're a horrible person if you chose to fuck off and stay with old narrative instead of choosing the new one

A portion of mainline Shin Megami Tensei fans despise anime, and have little JRPG knowledge outside of Megaten. This game has more anime tropes than most of the mainline entries, and is thus viciously hated by many fans. If you're into JRPGs as a whole, and open to SMT being different, then it's perfectly fine for what it is.

>It also constantly breaks the "show don't tell" rule
name one jrpg that doesn't break this rule

I like it and that is what matters in the end.

They literally went with "the power of friendship"
Had to shit over the previous protagonist to elevate th current protagonist
Flynn is a 19/20 year old samurai, Nanashi is 14/15 with a dumb design, the song Imagine by Elton John is written all over his hunter suit.
Pascal is a terrible character and half the story is her fault while she prods Nanashi to do whatever she wants.
Atlus just HAD to have a wacky mascot character and so silly/cute ghost Navarre
They completely shat over Nozomi's design and the character she had in the original game
They went too optimistic, Walter and Jonathan instead of dying and becoming assimilated into Lucifer and Merkabah now ARE Lucifer and Merkabah and their original personalities could be turned back for an EPIC REUNION(which I hate to admit that I liked in concept, having a double final fight with the old and new party) which in turn make Lucifer and the Archangels empty characters
Hallelujah's twist was really obvious to me.
Gaston was cool.
TOKI, holy fuck Toki is the most incel/otaku pandering character ever. Here, have a 14 y/o expert assasin wearing an uniform that
leaves nothing to imagination kuudere with no emotions except when she gets emotions, then she goes "Master doki doki!" and slightly tsundere, see, she only has feeling for you, even when she wakes up from being possesed by a demon.
Toki and Pascal of course bring an absolutely unnecesary love triangle.
Choices dont matter, you can be the edgiest school shooter ever and the story will still follow as if youve been good friends with everyone. Also that, all this Power of Friendship shit that is the thing that saves the world? It happened over the course of a week, maybe not even that.
No final fight against Shesha.

Gameplay was better, Anarchy was cool
Everything else was meh

It's edgy in a juvenile sense rather than edgy in an adult sense. An example of SMT 1's edginess is "Oh shit, demons killed your mom and Tokyo got nuked. Welp, I guess you'd better get going!" SMT 4A's edginess is like "You can say a naughty word to this helpful character for no reason! Don't you feel badass?"

Toki is the only redeeming quality in this pile of tropey shit. She's the waifu carrot that keeps dangling and made it clear that she wants to get impregnated by you.

>it goes full blown persona4 - friendship saves the day bullshit
Only if you choose that. Why are people so disingenous about this?

i liked the game except for the final dungeon. the worst dungeon i have ever played in any JRPG. it takes forever to get thru and everything looks the same. this theme gives me ptsd youtube.com/watch?v=KftBJTJb1II

Did you just skip over all the details on the way like green JarJar ghost and every other anime troupe along the way ?

It's not disingenous, despite what Dagda says about human bonds, the games hammers you on the head about the importance of trust and connections and having friends and is proven right the whole time. It does a terrible job of convincing the player of following Dagda's plan, and that choice happens at the, what, 90% mark of the story? Everything before that point is a cliche jrpg friendship story.

The main problem is that you're forced to choose between either a full blown cliche storm or absurd, pointless, puerile edginess, with zero nuance or moderation in between.

i tried playing this after IV, which i loved, and i got hard filtered. Every single character is beyond annoying as fuck, this game has the worst characters out of any of the megaten games and possibly out of all rpgs, the only really good one is dagda which didnt seem that relevent early in the game so you barely saw him. I think i stopped playing once i got to the fairy forest.
And yes i know about the path where you kill all your friends which sounds absolutely based with how fucking annoying they are

why are Atlusfags like this?

Most of that is true, but you don't NEED to do the 'power of friendship' ending. There's a pretty obvious split at the end.
Also the last dungeon was atrocious. I liked the game apart from that.

To be fair, the final dungeon was entirely in-line with YHVH's character.

Oh, maybe I should have read more of the thread and noticed people already said what I just did.
Well, I agree with them.

>that moaning Toki does when closing the aether jar

Attached: E0171852-3E8C-4ACF-81CE-E0A754FD0DB9.jpg (360x251, 26.89K)

You sound like Atlusfag actually.

YHVH has a future in making "replayable" randomized post-game dungeons, because that's what it reminded me of.

Think they'll ever port 4&4A to modern platforms/Switch?

I enjoyed killing *record scratch* and cucking Flynn for eternity by making Isabeau my goddess

I wonder if she's ovulating. Her later possession clearly proves that she's fertile enough already

Agreed. Jrpgs are trash.