Undertale

Undertale
Omori
Yiik
uh...

Attached: 1658167699481525.gif (491x498, 2.73M)

Deltarune!
uh...

Omori it's more in line with yume nikki

Lisa
Hylics
Hylics 2

Eastward

Attached: this thread.gif (498x391, 1.13M)

t. indie shit eater

Attached: Touhoumother.png (320x240, 9.79K)

Isn't omori a castlevania game? Isn't yiik a visual novel?

Y2K slander will not be tolerated

>i-is that an unconventional RPG with comedic elements?! AAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIEEEEEEEE NOT ANOTHER EARTHBOUND CLONE!!!!!!

Attached: 1616457350525.png (425x415, 210.16K)

Any non-RPG Earthbound inspired games?

Attached: 1651343994098.png (479x680, 651.63K)

>Undertale
>Omori
>Yiik
None of them play even remotely similar to Earthbound. And of the 3 Omori is the only one that even has superficial similarities in how it too stars a crew of contemporary kids. But the similarities end there.

I will never understand why this "earthbound inspired" game thing became such a thing, considering that the games aren't actually anything like Earthbound.
If the games aren't actually anything like Earthbound, why do people keep obsessing over this supposed idea of Earthbound inspired games?

So what makes a game "earthbound-inspired"?

Hylics was the only good one of those

the faggy playerbase

Yume Nikki is not an RPG and it's good

>it's an rpg
>it has a modern setting (or at least not a typical fantasy setting)
>it's mostly lighthearted but suddenly gets weird nearer to the end

Attached: 1629580410052.png (1280x720, 449.49K)

>criticizes quirky indie RPGs out there despite there being like 5 of them and being almost completely different in tone, setting and gameplay
>completely silent about the twenty billion old-school shooters that get pumped out every day

Attached: I see.png (678x376, 266.91K)

Black Souls is inspired by Undertale so it definitely belongs there

Simple, nobody has played earthbound. So, nobody can tell what an earth bound-like game would be.

I've been thinking for a while now how weird this complaint is, there's maybe half a dozen of that specific kind of Earthbound inspired indie rpg and most of the big name ones like Undertale are actually pretty decent. Maybe it's because I never try to swim through all the low effort trash titles that get pumped out on steam, maybe those are what people make fun of since indie devs all want to be the next Toby Fox.

Can't be as bad as metroidvanias and souls like garbage. At least there are way less eb inspired ones than any of the other rotten genres plaguing the indie industry with expensive low quality trash.

>good game inspires others to try to replicate their own games using the same type of formula but with their own visions
And this is bad becauseā€¦? Fuck you, Lisa is good

Attached: 5D9CB953-AB0D-4637-8422-F15D8D52CB3F.jpg (400x297, 44.79K)

dont care these are like McDonald's to an American for me

No one takes shooters seriously on any level, that's why. The minute you say "WHAT ABOUT DA SHOOTAS!!" you lose.