You got any opinions about this game? I just got it for $2.99 on the PS store. I never played it before...

You got any opinions about this game? I just got it for $2.99 on the PS store. I never played it before. I can see this is one of those games I'm gonna have to read a wikipedia entry just to figure out what the weapons are and what they do. How did you learn this game?

Attached: crypt_of_the_necrodancer.jpg (800x800, 109.05K)

It's a very fun little game with great soundtrack, if you have a bad sense of rhythm like me you will probably have a hard time though

a bit reddity but the actual gameplay is fun for a bit

It's a great game, but it'll kick your ass. No wiki required if you can read.

I've been playing it for the past hour. My wrist hurts already. These games, there's no explanations for what anything does. I feel like I have to quit playing and go study up.

>>How did you learn this game?
By playing it really, learn the enemy patterns (minus the fucking bats) and you should be good. The tutorial teaches you MOST of what you need to know, whenever you get near the item it'll show you exactly what it does.

>a bit reddity

shut up faggot
let people enjoy cadence's game

Attached: unknown.png (95x81, 19.88K)

item descriptions should show up telling you what shit does otherwise you might need to go to the menu and enable it. Besides that you can check what shrines do but there's really not much else that you shouldn't be able to learn by just playing, for which you should try to graduate to All Zones mode as quick as possible, but if you're having trouble parsing shit then try to play as the bard for a little bit

It has an "easier mode" too, but I don't know what makes it easier than normal mode. And then in a hole, there's another hole called "Story Mode". I'm not sure what is the default experience supposed to be like.

just the fact that 100%ing this is literally the hardest videogame challenge concieved by man means i just dont have interest
100%ing is the only fun thing about roguelikes

Like should I be trying to dig through the walls every time? Is it ok to let the song stop and explore every floor, or is that a waste of time? And that torch item, is that unnecessary or is that good to pick up because it's cheap?

That's literally the only thing I knew about this game, that the trophy percentages were extremely low, so I figured it was very hard.

stupidly enough Story Mode is actually very fucking difficult and not meant for a first time player, for the easier mode which I think is called Dance Pad mode, well it's basically worthless since it only lets you play through the first zone but just giving you more hearts and maybe less enemy spawns. Playing through the zones one by one as you unlock them is the "intended" route
You don't need to dig through every wall, the ones that matter have a little glint that shows you they hide a secret.
You should try not to let the song end by itself as it builds bad habits and is severely punished for some later characters and at some point you're not really getting that much out of exploring every nook and cranny of every floor.
Torches are nice as they let you see what's ahead but it also gives enemies vision of you meaning that you can easily get overwhelmed if you're not careful

i liked it, but i didn't like the LoZ sequel.

Thank you, this actually helps so much.I'm sensing this is like Binding of Isaac where I'll be unlocking items with every failed run, and those items should make the subsequent trips easier and easier. I'm starting to see what the loop is.

literally only 7 people worldwide have beaten the game with the hardest challenge character
and only a single person out of those with an actual ps4 controler
its just that fcking bullshit

That's retarded. That's just being hard for the sake of it with no fun involved.

what update happened i dont see anything on consoles

i heard something happened on social media and steam

Isn't there an option that items show a brief description of what they do if your character 1 square away?. Anyways, just look up weapon ranges so you know how to attack with them, otherwise you really don't need 30 wiki tabs open. Just don't use scroll of need, that shit fucks me up with all glass items no matter what condition I'm trying to fulfill. Also, don't pick the ring that has a little black doll on it, unless the floor you find it has a transmute merchant or you have a transmute scroll or book or the spell itself, if there is a room or you got the spell cast it 1 square away and it will become into a ring that gives +1 to everything and that shit basically guarantees you complete a run. Transmutation is just changing an item for another of the same category like changing a dagger (weapon) into a bow (weapon), armor to armor, etc also varying their strength/material. In the case for that ring it always transmute to the all +1 ring. That's about the only relevant info you should know really.

A good game but the rng factor is too strong for my taste. Everything hinges on replacing the starting weapon but weapons are strangely uncommon.

Also fuck Aria and fuck the devs for gating Coda behind her; no, I will not turn on Bard mode, tune your fucking game properly.

Same type of shitty game that made a non-canon, unofficial spin-off of Zelda that everyone was jacking themselves over about.