Do you remember Free Shop?

Good times...

Attached: 50E1D79E-DD81-407C-AC6A-F13FE9E0186A.jpg (800x600, 37.51K)

Uh.....I have like 5 CFW 3DSs

>literally downloading off of nintendos servers
>could play pirated games online with no problem or ban
>the only ever 3ds bans were for using freeshop after an update
God it was such a great time

>gets console online banned for playing pokemon Moon online 1 week before launch
>unban using a public friendCodeSeed_b file
>do this every few months when I get banned again
>eventually Nintendo gives up
>official online is still working to this day, can play mario kart 7 mod tracks on official nintendo servers
The future is bright

How do I get free games now? I missed out on Wario Ware and now I'm kicking myself

i miss it so much

Just google [name of game] cia download

I'm glad I got to use it while it was still working, but why did it take nintendo so long to fix it?

Nope, never used it, I was a CIA chad who used FBI.

I would have loved to use it before it died. Hshop is a decent alternative but my internet on the 3ds is complete ass so it doesn't download qr codes as well

thanks

Use HShop.
You're welcome!

Attached: 1659061777182.jpg (146x153, 3.2K)

Remember when the 3DS was first cracked and the only way to get cfw was to paste together Any Forums comments about cakes while sweating bullets because even a slight mistake could brick your system?

Also a bunch of autism between people using cakes and whatever the name of the inferior crack was

Attached: D92ACA49-B02C-48B8-93B5-A08936285B31.jpg (750x431, 183.36K)

OH MY GOD

hshop

And then the dev got arrested for distribution of CP.

Didn’t ask

Pasta? Palantine?
I forget.

The only bans I knew of were for playing a leaked copy of Pokemon Moon online before the release date.

Good times.

I bet the hacking process the 3DS now doesn't include a full day of moving files back and forth under vague instructions with multiple warnings of "CAUTION: THIS COULD BRICK YOUR SYSTEM"

I remember arm9loaderhax dropping and my 3ds was on a firmware version too late so I had to use the sketchy browser exploit and downgrade the firmware(some how didn't brick) to install A9L. It was 100% worth the stress

it was basically yesterday, zoomer

>when the 3DS was first cracked
Nah, Cakes and other CFWs happened way later. But do you remember when /hbg/ found the guy who discovered one of the exploits that led to CFW at the time?

Attached: kickass hacker.png (1024x1451, 916.8K)

btw cakes was a dev from /hbg/ and a based one at it

Attached: KeksFW.webm (592x800, 1.9M)

>Cakes