What are some franchises that are lesser known and underappreciated?

What are some franchises that are lesser known and underappreciated?

Attached: download.jpg (307x164, 11.17K)

disaster report

Ys is not underappreciated
it's just shit

No, it isn't. You probably just got filtered lmao

yeah, me and almost everybody else that plays it too
Ys filtered it's target audience so much it became almost irrelevant

Why though? Which one did you play? I don't consider myself a spectacular gamer but I've beaten all the Ys games I played (eventually)

YS VIII is a masterpiece

>I've beaten all the Ys games I played
But was that really worth it though?

Played through the ys 1 remake recently, the only game to have actually filtered me in years
The final boss is absolute dogshit and I dont have the autism to force myself through it

Umihara Kawase, though it has increased in notoriety in recent years. Still, it's a series that you have to play for like a half hour to get the appeal of.

playing on PC?
do you have a >60 hz monitor?

the boss is frame dependent and bugged on higher refresh monitors. Took me hours to find that out, killed him on first try once I locked the game to 60. He's actually quite easy.

Attached: sddefault.jpg (640x480, 53.11K)

Ys 1 and 2 are based I miss bump combat

Will the series ever top Origin?

I finally beat YS 8 the other day. Bros...I just wanted to save Dana, Olga, and there civilization. I knew since the beginning it was just going to be some depressing bullshit, but I was hoping by chap 3/4 it was going to turn into some back to future time fuckery and have the castaways help the Eternians and end that faggot fucking evolution plot. Instead, it felt like some Link's Awakening ending like I was already suspecting it was going to be.

Attached: 1605487495745.jpg (502x512, 152.37K)

Dawn of Ys is the best and the last good Ys game.

Langrisser

>play langrisser
>one shot every enemy
>get to the last few missions
>enemies one shot all of my troops
>can't finish the game
I hate SRPGs

I would say YS is definitely underappreciated but Oath and Origin are the only outstanding games in a mostly mediocre series.

Adding AI party members to the games was the worst thing they ever did.

I feel like particularly the older Atelier games are underappreciated in the west.

I got filtered by Ys since I am cocky enough since I was dumb enough to try to play through on the hardest difficulty first try despite being pretty average at games overall

Bumper combat sucked

Everything released after Origin is shit.
Ys isn't underappreciated, it's a good series that overstayed it's welcome turning into yet another falcom shovelware trash pile.

I've only played VIII and IX and VIII was a solid 8/10 at least. IX was not quite as good but it has a cowprint girl with massive udders so at least there's that

even ys origin isn't that good, it's filled with unskippable cutscenes and everything that isn't a boss fight is pointless filler

Every single nu-Ys game is shit, yes Origin and Oath too

>but it has a cowprint girl with massive udders so at least there's that
Average nu-Ys fan, doesn't care that the game is shit, just cares about the waifu of the week that will fall in love with Adol this time.

Ys 5 remake never.
instead we get more mobile ports with gacha elements.