Time this happened

Name games/studios where this unironically happened.

Attached: gold.png (782x856, 251.76K)

mhrise sunbreak

call of duty mw 2019

green hell vr. The flat shit version was terrible

Doom 2016, full stop.

MCC except you replace the gold bar with a lead one covered in corn.

The first dying light, not the second.

Attached: gvh and snoot game.png (782x856, 247.14K)

Deus Ex Human Revolution probably. You can argue about its place in the series, its overreliance on cinematic QTEs for knockouts, etc., but holy fucking shit a new Deus Ex game from none of the people who worked on the original was a recipe for the biggest piece of shit of all time, and it actually came out alright

metroid prime

Why? It came from Id Software backed up by Bethesda which by this time had unrival positive public opinion. I mean, the only flaw game had before and during release it's game's box art

Cyberpunk, funny enough.

harvest december

DmC and MGR

Never ever.

Attached: 1652478232599.jpg (804x1359, 287.15K)

Yacht Club and Shovel Knight

Death stranding

Nier

Guardians of the Galaxy, everything looked like shit but turned out pure kino

this dude still shit on his plate, i think everyone is ignoring the fact that there's ass particles on the gold and now there's ass particles on his plate. he's supposed to be eating off that plate and now there's ass particles all over it because some faggot just hung his ass directly over it.

food goes there, not ass gold.

game looked really slow and awful in its original E3 showcase, walking around and watching chainsaw kill animations while the crowd sort of cheers. don't think it was expected to be much beyond a quick nostalgia cash grab

>no mans sky
> guy takes a shit
> then it turns to gold after 20 seconds

This is always my first thought. Along with the wind waker.
The pre-release footage and conversation between both games were entirely negative but after launch everyone loved both of them. Well maybe not everyone, but they garnered a large following with their quality and boldness.

Thats vampire survivors for me. That game looks like absolute shit, but when it hits your plate its gold.

Eh, not really kino but I agree that it was a pleasant surprise. Still, it cost us another Deus Ex

>seconds

Yooka-Laylee and A Hat in Time

doom 2016

literally deus ex

Whatever opinion you have on the gameplay, the fact that a complete, competent title came out of Retro Studios in the early 00s is a miracle.

Mario x Rabidds