Its unreal how hard NASB fumbled

Its unreal how hard NASB fumbled

They were so hyper focused on appealing to a niche subgroup of people they forgot to have day 1 features like voice acting for their cross over fighter.

Attached: Nasb.jpg (1024x976, 301.03K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0iubWc8srk4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I actually forgot this shit existed until I saw this thread
What did multiversus do right that NASB did wrong? The level of scrimblo is pretty much the same for both

Well Multiversus is
>free
>has voice acting

Free to play, appealing artstyle, cross-play.

Multiversus wasn't told to make a smash bros level game on a mobile game budget, and didn't have 3 months of dev time cut off right near the end.

this game was made by melee fans for melee fans

yet completely forgot that melee fans only play melee
the end.

I tried NASB on PS+ and it was a joke. Felt like a fanmade game. Multiverse seems to have more polish, albeit very bare bones at the moment.

Neither of them feel as good or polished as Smash. I’d go as far as to say I would rather play Brawl instead, although only via emulation.

Free to play

They made a game that's like melee but feels worse and has abso-fucking-lutely nothing original or new mechanically. Why should any Melee chad play Nick brawl? Or Multiversus? These people care about gameplay not roster.

>They were so hyper focused on appealing to a niche subgroup of people they forgot to have day 1 features like voice acting for their cross over fighter.
That wasnt the problem, the devs had absolute zero budget to work with, rushed to hell back for the christmas money and most of their ideas were rejected by Nick/Viacom for petty reasons (like alt colors and other things).
Thaddeus is an absolute faggot but the team got buttfucked by Nick being retarded like usual (Nick/Gamemill were expecting this game to be another one of their lowbudget titles but they were not expecting the game to get so much attention).

Well yea, I'd be surprised if either of them felt as good as Smash off the bat. I could see Multiverse getting close if they commit to it. But NASB didn't feel like it could even get close to begin with

its a shame because it plays much better than multiversus

Sounds like the exact same issues the Playstation Smash clone had. These companies are retarded

accessible in every way

Thats not saying much

i just wish the movement wasn't so floaty and clunky in mv
feels like they designed the game around playing people with shitty wifi connections

I said it before and Ill say it again. No Rise Splinter, no buy.

Attached: 7 Zplhojcorln48x-1.webm (640x358, 2.11M)

It really does play better.
Then the devs patched out infinite n-air stunlock bullshit and EVERYONE stopped playing.

You suppose that and yet the netcode is worse than the indie titles, even ones with much faster movement

the biggets factor of the netcode being trash is that its rollback for 4 simultaneous people
there's so many different things that rollback needs to be good so having those requirements x4 is gonna be painful no matter what

game is still about nair chains into light dair dunks or upair>strong upair kills, people are mixing z-drops into it now.

voice acting

I haven't tried Multiversus yet but it really does not look fun. It looks so, so slow. Maybe it's not as bad when you're actually playing it, but just watching it it makes a poor impression, I think.

>knockoff melee but feels worse
>knockoff brawl but feels worse
Why? Play the originals or mods. These games are pointless.

i can't believe how badly they botched replacing tim curry
youtube.com/watch?v=0iubWc8srk4

>EmptyHero

Attached: 1650546489519.png (890x653, 32.9K)

No voice acting is a pretty big fumble, but it's not -as- important as people would like to think.
Is it worse for not having VA? Yes. Would it be better if the VA they eventually added wasn't shit? Yes. But if those were fixed in a hypothetical world, the game would still be a flop, because it's simply bad.

Attached: 1592550685790.jpg (614x547, 37.82K)

tim curry is irreplacable though
also i called this when the game launched and people clamored for voice acting; everyone was going to shit on it anyway cause of replaced VAs or old VAs who can't pull off the voice anymore
you faggots were never going to be satisfied and voice acting was just a scapegoat to shit on the game wholesale

is the voice acting good though
only heard spongebobs

Two of those, at least.

The funniest thing about this game was that it was bragging about wavedashing while the game is 99% airborne.

>the biggest factor of the netcode being trash is that its rollback for 4 simultaneous people
I dunno man I played Rushrev doubles a few times and it was way less jittery than Multiversus.
Any by God is doubles more fun when friendly fire is enabled. It's so braindead when you never have to mind where you place your hitboxes. It also makes 2v1 situations much less interesting, another reason why MVS does away with stocks. Valiant last stands are the best part of doubles imo

Attached: 1657700079487.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

see, that takes coordination with your teammate and skill at the game, both of which mvs wants to encourage but not require