What's Any Forums consensus about this game?

What's Any Forums consensus about this game?

Attached: 09e90d6b-636c-4552-8e3e-06c4d11a421c.png (1000x894, 1.11M)

only people who don't like layton games shit on it

true, and i'll keep shitting on it

Not great, but still playable. The ending makes no sense.

Attached: Mystery Game Tiers.png (1936x708, 2.04M)

It's very pretty but very dumb. My biggest disappointment was how divorced the two halves are. You solve a puzzle during a trial once, at the tail end of the game.

Golden Court is great. Didn't care for the rest.

It's fine up until the big twist at the end, which is so dumb that their attempts to hand wave the main contradiction is retarded. What the fuck is true black, and how could you paint construction equipment in it without the color bleaching in the sun, and why couldn't you hear the construction equipment, and why wouldn't you close down the experiment when a bunch of people died in a fire because of it?

It's enjoyable, but only just barely equivalent to the sum of its parts.
It imitates the most basic Professor Layton game and the most basic Phoenix Wright game on a gameplay level, with worse writing than either despite trying to be, in a way, a callback to both.

I didnt really like the character direction the characters of AA went after T&T so im glad I got to see some classic Maya and Phoenix.

Also like their voices

Also, the Layton characters always looked a little off in 3D and this game just highlights it even more because the PW characters look pretty great.

Not only that but even with their huge leaps in logic, the game still makes no sense
>The belltower was always in the town square, it was just hidden under a black blanket and nobody ever noticed
>Zero explanation as to how Darkclaw used her magic to animate some random statues in the middle of London to attack Carmine
>Zero explanation as to how Darkclaw used her magic to transform from a bird into a witch in Layton's study

and the biggest plot hole of all to me
>Cantabella and Belduke both pursue careers in the chemistry field because of the town's water's unique properties of making anyone who hears a silver chime pass out
>This is how they developed their anesthetic in the first place, before they returned to the town as wealthy individuals
>So presumably they and everyone in the town is well aware of this phenomenon
>Despite this, they still erect a huge fuck off silver bell in the middle of town and act surprised when it knocks everyone out and kills everyone
No wonder Belduke killed himself, I'd kill myself too if I was that much of a retard

Started great but they fucked up the late game to absurd level
Not good Ace Attorney game
Not good Professor Layton game

Lacked the cathartic victory you feel when Phoenix overcomes all odds and cracks the mystery, in fact the game plays his presence as completely unnecessary thanks to Layton being a better lawyer than than him.
I imagine those who prefer all the Layton dickriding enjoy it though.

it would have been MUCH better if they just literally accepted a magic world instead of this garbage "oh muh elaborate construction and smoke and mirrors to emulate magic"
it would have been really fun to just literally solve cases based on internal magic rules, like how it started out as
but no, they did the biggest asspull of BOTH FRANCHISES COMBINED
music good tho

Also
>when they tried to “rationalize” how the gems actually worked, they explained some but intentionally ignored other because even the writers realized how retaded the whole “twist” was so they have to completely ignore it hopefully no one would’ve noticed

Yeah at the end of the day, it's kind of the worst of both worlds. It's also a really boring story with really uninteresting twists.

3rd case is kino and the first of Takumi's kino third cases. The middle took me by surprise by how good it was, and then, the ending happened which was the absolute worst of any layton game. Worst of all, they didn't do Barnham any justice after case 3. Overall, pretty middle of the road game for both series.

Gameplay-wise it's alright, it does feel a little spread thin given that it's basically two games that you're alternating between.
Storywise it's also alright. Should never go into either of these franchises expecting the story to make any sense. Although it does very much lean into the Layton levels of insanity.

Barham is one of my favorite AA prosecutors tho.

Attached: ace-attorney-video-game-series.gif (498x297, 2.32M)

yeah another thing that pissed me off was like, all the magic is fake right? but that means the butler girl never turned her childhood lamb into gold
sheep live like 10 years, so itd still be alive I think - did the shades butcher it in the woods? genuinely upset me that they never addressed this lol

god dammit, that sounds awful.

It's more of a Layton game than an AA game, even down to the soundtrack

Yeah it's a shame Barnham is just totally written out of the game after the third case
I guess like a lot of things in this game, he's a prototype for his GAA counterpart, Van Zieks
Hence why they pair them up on the character art

Attached: aceattorneyanniversaryartworkcrossover.jpg (905x1280, 490.32K)

Yeah, it's not great. If you can get it cheap or pirate it, I wouldn't tell you NOT to play it, but I would tell you not to get your hopes up.

>with worse writing than either despite trying to be, in a way, a callback to both
well, it is a callback to layton at least in the way that it combines the bullshit twists of the first three games into one big fucking mess

Case 3 was kino

The worst part about the game was no chapter select

Yeah I agree with I only played it because I had played all 10 other AA games, and it's pretty easily the worst out of all 11. It's not terrible but by the end you'll just be wondering why you bothered.

The witnesses were fantastic in that game. Specially the senile old man that was actually important for the last case.

>>The belltower was always in the town square, it was just hidden under a black blanket and nobody ever noticed
Subconciously knew and never walked into it, hypnotism that allows you to think you have been a baker your whole life less than 2 hours after youve been hypnotized can do many things
>Zero explanation as to how Darkclaw used her magic to animate some random statues in the middle of London to attack Carmine
Joke epilogues says they were robots prepared beforehand
>>Zero explanation as to how Darkclaw used her magic to transform from a bird into a witch in Layton's study
Uhhhhh
>>Cantabella and Belduke both pursue careers in the chemistry field because of the town's water's unique properties of making anyone who hears a silver chime pass out
They explicitly says that they didnt know about the silver chime making people faint until after the tragedy happened.

>that part when Layton was turned into a golden statue
>according to this “twist”: they must’ve had “ZA WORLDO” ability to freeze 7 witnesses who were rushing inside the crime scene, took Layton, made an entire golden statue then unfreeze the time to let them enter
>the writers never addressed this part because they knew it was retarded so they counted on players not paying enough attention or tired at that point

Dude got completely shafted
>Starts off as a serious inquisitor, shoot first ask questions later kind of guy
>Layton and Wright make him understand how not only everything is not as black and white as it seems but there are many secrets that Darkclaw and the Storyteller are hiding
>He is going to act and discover things for himself
>Never mind that, Darkclaw just replaced him and he didnt do anything else at all until the epilogue where he gets no lines.

>They explicitly says that they didnt know about the silver chime making people faint until after the tragedy happened.
That's not true, they explicitly came back after forming Labrelum Inc to buy the town, using the money they had made from the anesthetic. Hence why they dragged the bell out of the ruins and erected the bell tower, it was to celebrate the new era for the town.

INVISIBLE

BLACK

PAINT