How did FFXIV overcome all the odds and become the only MMO to survive the 'oughts? How did they survive the WoW curse?

How did FFXIV overcome all the odds and become the only MMO to survive the 'oughts? How did they survive the WoW curse?

Attached: 1653627437402.png (667x738, 465.84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tNxVJiMPtJE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

is there a more incredible feelgood redemption arc in all of gaming?

Attached: 1658644573684259.png (611x542, 687.01K)

Probably the fujo bait

They didn't reinvent themselves every expac and they didn't change their content model beyond adding to it. Nothing's compulsory either and there's a glut of stuff that isn't raids to do, so it also got a reputation of "respecting your time".

Attached: shtola.jpg (1280x720, 84.31K)

WoW is better, both sucks, we should be playing Dark Age of the Camelot.

please stop advertising your free to play game

Attached: 1657243931161.png (1400x1050, 849.49K)

Because it has SOVL

pandering to the right crowd

Attached: FYM0YV4acAAPiG2.jpg (1165x1654, 676.79K)

HEY BOY HEY HASHTAG HEY IT'S YA BOI FAGGERONI HERE COMIN AT YA WITH ANOTHER

Because they literally copied WoW, threw a FF skin on it, ripped off FF3/7/8 for it's story content instead of the best fucking FF title (10), and catered to the most retarded demographic.

>copied WoW, threw a FF skin on it,
not so much after ARR, wowfugees usually cry it's too slow and not WoW enough

>Popular franchise
>Easy to get into
>Free to play to a certain point
Game just proves that gaymers only want casual dress up second life games, I know because I used to play 14 until there was nothing left to do and I was basically giving Yoshi $13 a month for the privilege to hang out with friends online.

catering to coomers

“If there was no World Of Warcraft – which is a game we look to as a great ‘mentor’ of sorts and respect deeply – FFXIV’s strong recovery wouldn’t have been possible,” -Naoki Yoshida himself

The game is a fucking clone

yeah and i'm not arguing against that ya sperg, read my post

>How did FFXIV overcome all the odds and become the only MMO to survive the 'oughts? How did they survive the WoW curse?
the answer is fujos

Attached: file.png (445x378, 285.52K)

It's funny. Girls see it as yaoi bait. Guys see it as bromance.

Attached: BasedYoshi.jpg (1109x1370, 87.8K)

I"m not gay but I would g'raha tbqh.

Mind numbingly easy to play.
Plastered in references to better FF games.

It was made to make money from the retard masses after their ultra niche 1.0 flopped, and that's what it does.If you like FF, or like MMOs, you're better off playing literally anything else, rather than getting addicted to walking in circles and not actually enjoying it

>Guys see it as bromance
Oh, no dude. It comes off as mad gay if you play a male WoL.

They made a fun class to play in Scholar, but then they inevitably ruined it and people kept playing because of sunk cost.

Several reasons.

Covid inflated player numbers, especially during 5.2 (5.2 saw its active player base increase by 113%). Shadowbringers became universally acclaimed and really well reviewed, content kept coming for the game over the months during its peak, Endwalker looked very promising at the end of 2021 and became a regularly discussed expansion pretty much in a lot of places.

The last three years just massively blew up the game.

he cute

Attached: __g_raha_tia_final_fantasy_and_1_more_drawn_by_qianyewuli__616711f08f66d7c8c52160686447cc4e.jpg (2160x3840, 1.69M)

cope of the century lmao

Attached: FYvvUDfagAA1aA5.jpg (720x850, 51.45K)

Bullular channel just uploaded a video about XIV's numbers.
youtube.com/watch?v=tNxVJiMPtJE
>ib4 bad channel
If you aren't assed to look up the Lucky Bancho numbers yourself, they go over it all.

Except for deleting the Summoner class but I guess it doesn't matter

>this is the year they make mnk fun to play
>mnk is finally fun to play
sunk cost?
nah
investment.

Attached: 1649365751732.png (713x800, 176.4K)

You mean making summoner a proper summoner now.
>but muh dots
dot deez nutz, faggot.

MMO?

>pic
how do you handle this retard?

Attached: 1636063434565.png (1080x1080, 1.44M)

SMN changes are well received by most, if anything you should look at a future DoT job possibility since Sage and Reaper are built off of Dark Knight's Dark Arts and Dragoon's Heavy Thrust scrapped mechanics.

I play FFXIV on and off and it's not that it did anything right. On the contrary, FFXIV falls short in many areas and is really held back by the old 1.0 spaghetti code and a director with the same mentality as the Snakes and Sparklers guy from Joe Dirt. FFXIV is succeeding by mere happenstance because every MMO around them is outright torpedoing themselves, WoW especially. Anyone that's been playing FFXIV for a long time can shoe you signs of it doing exactly the same, it's just happening more slowly. FFXIV is laying in the same mass grave, it's just hiding among the bodies waiting to bleed out.