Good news, boss. The Chao Garden in SA2 is even more popular. People absolutely LOVE them. What should we do now...

>Good news, boss. The Chao Garden in SA2 is even more popular. People absolutely LOVE them. What should we do now? Make an even more complex garden for the next Sonic game? Or maybe even plan a standalone game?
>No, never ever include them in any game ever again.

????????????

Attached: 1639281502503.png (1122x687, 837.91K)

Sonic was never good

sega failing to capitalize on chao being pretty much universally loved is a constant reminder that they can't do anything right in a lasting way

You'd think that they would have released something cancerous with this now. A live service Chao game with microtransactions that they can use to shill any new product. truly they hate money

there was a chao garden in one of the gameboy games, i forget which one

Chao gacha phone game with AR like pokemogo would literally print money.

>chao garden
>popular

Surely you don't count the 10 women and trannies who played the chao garden more than the main game as "popular"

cringe and bluepilled

I never understood why they never made a mobile game out of the chao garden. Would be such a perfect match.

Attached: 1649481850882.gif (540x360, 2.55M)

>sees and image of chao
>first thing the mind INSTANTLY AND IMMIDIATLY jumps to is transsexuals
burger moment

I feel like if it was proven just how loud minority this fandom actually was it would get people to realize just why Tomagachi as a brand died off for a reason.
Women aren't gamers.

I'm pretty sure the only reason they haven't done another chao garden is because they know for sure they could never make one at the expectation of sonic fans.
Think about the release years of these games
sonic heroes was only 2 years after SA2's gamecube release. that game was already stretched thin development wise and they had no time to add a chao garden.
2 years later was shadow the edge and unless you wanted him ripping off bloody chao heads that game wasn't getting a garden.
Sonic '06 was a year later and that famously was rushed, the fact that there's even side missions at all is baffling.
Secret Rings was 2007 and that was a rushed, short adventure. Another one where a chao garden made little sense.
By the time Unleashed released, the first game where a Chao Garden would actually make sense, the team that actually developed the Chao Garden, Yoshihisa Hashimoto and Takaaki Saito, were forced to finish the Hedgehog Engine until they left.
Nowadays with the more happy go lucky world of Sonic, the Chao Garden would make a lot of sense, but no one at Sonic Team actually has any idea how those systems work. With the only people who worked on A-LIFE gone (the system used by NiGHTS and Sonic for the Nightopians and Chao respectively), their only choice is to either attempt to half ass a Chao Garden, which by 2008 would've just made sonic fans even more pissed, or just keep them around as cameos in other games like Sonic Chronicles and through Cream.
I can't imagine why they wouldn't do a bare bones mobile Chao Garden game with connectivity to modern Sonic games, though. You'd think after the success of Pokemon GO they would've realized it'd be free money. My only theory is there's some head at SEGA who wants to keep the Chao Garden sacred, and it can only be touched if it's made right.

Attached: 1652389952680.png (640x480, 248.16K)

>got detention for feeding my chao in class
VMUs were before their time

Based high effort poster.

Wasn't the Chao Garden a product of the Sega of America team?

Haven't they straight up admitted that they don't even know how they managed to make chao garden what it was?
They literally can't recreate it or improve on it

SEGA should ship out development of a Chao raising game to some indie/AA studio and sell it for $30

Attached: 1658707934369046.png (637x900, 901.01K)

It was in the advance series, but it was so pared down that no one really cared about it.

>they don't even know how they managed to make chao garden what it was?
Not sure if they've actually admitted it but I know for sure the complexity of the Chao Garden was basically spearheaded by Hashimoto and just approved by Yuji Naka. With Hashimoto gone and working on FFXIV these days, there's no one at Sonic Team who knows how any of this shit works.
At this point their best hope is to hire someone autist from Chao Island to recreate the system for them.

Attached: 1654175216908.png (895x900, 1.06M)

>They literally can't recreate it or improve on it
I find that pretty hard to believe. If they say it took some next level technowizardry to pull off on the dreamcast I can buy it, but a system where you feed/treat a creature a certain way to increment some values and change it's model/behaviour based on said values doesn't seem technologically daunting at all with current engines. What it would definitely take is a bunch of man hours to get everything modeled and working right, and with how obviously stingy sega has been with the games I think it's far more likely that there's just no budget to put towards something like that.