Elden Ring

Bosses like Margit/Morgott is what everything wrong in Elden Ring. How do you even justify bosses doing x10000000000 attack while you can't even get a chance to close up on the boss?

Attached: Mom said it's my turn to attack.webm (800x450, 2.85M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/owWv_yqYTY4
youtu.be/dXN9MMr0VjY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Git gud he's one of the better boss fights in the game

>better boss fights
lmao.
Margit wishes to even have a fight as good as Mohg. It's both fair and challenging, not some bullshit nonstop combo attack. You call that one of the better ones in the game?

Attached: file.webm (960x540, 2.99M)

Mods are unironically fixing the issue.
The "Swordsmanship" mod implements Sekiro's Parry feature + Quickstep on dodges.
youtu.be/owWv_yqYTY4
The new mod "Sword Mastery" that just came out completely overhauls the animations and combos of each melee weapon in the game. It also adds a Sekiro styled party system.
Either of the mods will significantly enhance your enjoyment of the game since you can actually now trade blows with the bosses instead of dodging until they have an opening
youtu.be/dXN9MMr0VjY

it’s more descriptive to say that mohg is one of the only bosses in the game that rewards you for being aggressive and getting in his face without also having some random unavoidable punish for taking more than 2 hits
Crucible Knights are also really good fights outside of a couple mean things they can pull out of their ass, like occasional frame 1 tailswipes if you r1 them

unironically a skill issue

Kek I am very dissapointed in what ER turned out to be and still I believe Margit was one of the best bosses FROM has ever made.

>fair
>fire aids all around the arena
>literal unblockable attacks that heal him. Can only be negated by an obscure item from a side quest, and he STILL heals even with the item
>2 near identical combos to throw the player off, one with a 3 hit combo on the trident and other with a 2 hit combo

Are Souls fans really this allergic to positioning, this is like the average LR monster combo in MonHan

Monster Hunter is easy as fuck compared to Elden Ring tho

You can pretty easily kill him before NIHIL

Do MH monsters have the same level of magnetism ER bosses do? Because thats the issue, you can't just strafe outside the hitbox of most swings most of the time, the boss snaps to your direction

kys
Margit, Morgott, Mohg etc. are the best bosses of the game. The worst fights are actually the ones where the boss is insanely large to the point that you cant see what he's doing.

Some monsters track you extremely well especially if playing at higher framerate due to a bug but you are always rewarded for spacing correctly and there are few attacks that are as binary as “gtfo my personal space or I will do an infinite combo”

I always think back to Miyazaki describing DS3's faster pace as a way to make players play more offensively when in reality people spend more time now flopping around like a fish out of water playing defense than you ever did in the slower supposedly more defensive Souls of yesteryear.

He clearly undertood his errors and fixed them in Sekiro, but I think From was afraid to change the formula for ER

ENTER

Attached: godrick.png (1920x1080, 2.37M)

Elden ring made me realize how fucking tired I am of dodge rolling...
Maybe its a bit of me playing Sekiro and playing with the parry mod in I practically dismiss any webm that goes 'WATCH HOW GOOD ELDEN RING IS!' and the character is rolling around.
Even if sekiro is just a rhythm game, rather see that than dodge dodge dodge all the time.

you're retarded and except the game to eb beatable by facetanking and spamming r1
this boss can be beaten by you summoning golden spirit and medusa and then spamming charged attacks only. You can even afk and watch how poison kills him
If you wish to solo, all of his attack can pe parried. You cannot parry holyweapons but except for throw he have long windups on them
you can dodge holy dagger throw by simply sitestepping
use your fucking brain

you can just sit on his face near constantly without being punished

Literally stop playing like a baby and go hurt him

You have to be retarded to think Monhun's monster have combo like in ER. Each attack a MH's monster does is an extremely deliberate and telegraphed action that always ends the same way, and then the monster WILL return to a neutral stance before starting another attack (Rathian's double tail swipe will always ends with her landing right after). Most attacks also do not track the player during the attacking animation unless it is a ranged attack.
ER is infamous for having enemies with infinite combo because each attack an enemy does is extremely quick and the boss is immediately put in a attackOrNotAttack check right after every attack it does, this is why you can see tons of webms of enemies attacking and repeating the same attack because the player is standing in a particular way that leads to the boss reacts to it the same way over and over again.
And whenever the enemy doesn't attack in ER it's because of some hardcoded timed neutral state electric boogaloo they put in, it's unnatural as fuck. MH's monsters are literally never in a "neutral" state, you're always attacking them mid-animation or they're in a tired/staggered/knockdowned state.

Attached: 135.png (680x680, 124.22K)

Now this is a good boss. He literally flails around like an autist but at least he gives you enough time to attack him back.

Attached: 1656515251649.png (589x485, 441.15K)