Which game has the best inventory management system?

I am partial to the classic grid based Deus Ex style.
It definitely isn't the horrible endless scrolling list of Fallout inventories, nor the purely text based inventories of older games.

Attached: 1645837242929.jpg (800x800, 126.02K)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 107.68K)

I guess you could argue that the resident evil 4 inventory is an improved variant of the grid system, in that it allows you to rotate items to better fit them.

Attached: R (20).jpg (1920x1080, 337.47K)

what game is this?

kys pedo

1000+ posts here we go boys

Attached: India.png (383x681, 468.87K)

based for actually replying to the topic at hand

inventory management is cancer. It should not exist in video games

Attached: image351.jpg (1292x552, 113.27K)

>literally everything is a tranny dog whistle now

I think I'm getting too old for this site

is this the thread?

The Yakuza series is breddy gud

Attached: YAKUZA 6 stand user could be anyone.jpg (1920x1080, 723.83K)

>too old for this site
>doesn't recognize one of the most spammed bait threads on Any Forums

That backpack looks cool, how costly is it, should I get one?

NEO Scavenger is pretty much inventory tetris: the game where you play as a murder hobo.
theres also that female rat game where you gather loot in a backpack and gain powers depending on how you arrange your items. Backpack Hero, i think

They're pretty expensive, which is why they usually get handed down from sibling to sibling.

Neo Scavenger probably is the best inventory management game, true. Did the dev ever finish with it and give it an ending?

Attached: bb2b600423b9479e.jpg (1000x1537, 427.28K)

I think when it comes to inventory management, if you want to fit over a thousand items it has to be something original.

I like any game with mechs/spaceships/etc with Tetris block augmentation management, eg Valkyria Chronicles or Infinite Space.

there are lots of games where keeping items in some organized fashion makes sense. what what would be the alternative, leaving items scattered everywhere randomly? games with no items? where does that leave RPGs or adventure/puzzle games?
is the alternative to healing potions regenerative health? that's kind of lame to me.
what would STALKER be without random caches and treasure troves to find? what would Diablo be without swapping items with friends?

I made the thread because I was thinking how bad item management in the original fallout games was, while other games didn't annoy me in such a way.

people sperg over every other aspect of video games so there must be some who know lots about different game inventories.

Attached: aisha sadcat.jpg (576x448, 64.01K)

Item menus with tabs sorting items via type are pretty useful. I really like how in Elona, it's pretty easy to choose what item you want to throw at someone from the hundreds of items you'd be carrying at one time.

Attached: ネコ科のデビル - 今日は妹の日だ。.png (750x750, 560.45K)

Cheeky wanker.

The top down Ultima games, retards with no organizational skills suffer as they should.

Yeah, grid based with items having inquie grid sizes and modularity like in P2 or E.Y.E. is my personal favorite.
Though grid-based with weight instead of space limit like Stalker had is also fine. Or combination of the two.

The absolute worst are endless name-list based ones - A.K.A. modern Beth games. Followed by icon for resources alla modern ubisoft games, that shit is also awful.

had to look it up, gives me a dungeon siege vibe
Yakuza is like a divided grid in that weapons and defense items are in their own separate inventories. or perhaps more of a hybrid list-grid.

Attached: OIP (9).jpg (474x266, 17.57K)

Yakuza 5 was pretty perfect
>20 inventory slots
>three gear slots
>three weapon slots
>no need to see the playermodel and autistic stats

Attached: shinada kek.png (333x338, 148.68K)

Im not saying no inventory, I am saying no inventory management. You should never have to make value judgements about what items you collect, you should just collect items and use them when you want to.

YOU HAVE TO EAT THE EGGS

If the first time you heard that term was in 2016 then you are the zoomer.

that sounds about right
I'm on 7 now and it's been so long that I barely remember 5.
what, like any item you pick up you immediately use?
that doesn't sound like it could work for particularly complex games.

I fucking hated 7's item menu, In fact I hated 7 in general and as soon as I was done I reinstalled 5 and clocked in 100 hours at credits. Fuck Ichiban

Attached: rdr2 jrpg.png (1349x1079, 654.52K)

Dog whistle? Leftoid faggots started using that phrase on social media sites within the last 5 or so years, yes. Just like toxic and problematic

any item you pick up goes into your inventory and then you can use it later. The problem is when the game limits the slots or the weight or whatever. And I have to decide "hmm will I need a shovel or an ax later?" an impossible decision. Games shouldnt do this to players because it just feels bad.

Attached: Shut the hell your mouth.jpg (640x764, 169.02K)

Games with grid inventories, non-standard item shapes (ie. items that are particularly long or tall), but non-rotatable items are cancer. Kenshi does this and it's infuriating when a backpack is TALL enough to carry long weapons but not wide enough so they won't fit.
I do appreciate though that the game does have some nuance with grids in that MOST items don't stack, but some backpacks come with the ability to stack items as a bonus. It's nice.
I kind of want to see a game with a physics-based pack where shit can move around in transit, there's a chance for stuff to break if you get knocked over & land on your bag, etc.