Ni No Kuni/ Ni No Kuni 2

I just bought this and the second game because they looked like fun. What am i in for?

Attached: Ni No Kuni.jpg (2000x1000, 556.9K)

You're in for comfy.

I've been meaning to try this. The trailer made me feel nostalgic for some reason.

The side content in both games is full of soul, like the Wizard Companion book, but the actual stories fucking fall apart in the second half even though it's just a simple fairy tale.

Since I hate turn based combat I was thinking of grabbing the 2nd one. What is wrong with it?

Sorry user, the art style can't salvage how mediocre they are.

Pure kino.

First game combat is completely different from the second game's combat, so if the first one ain't your fancy try the second one
.Probably because Studio Ghibli had their animators do the cut scenes and character design for the first game

it's a cute game and that's kinda it.
don't expect a mindblowing story or anything and you'll be alright.

iirc the general concensus was that it was a bit on the easy side, but they added a higher difficulty mode later on to fix that I guess
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shit combat.

the first game is comfy and fun once it gets going. The second is hot trash and I actively advise you not to play it.

how did this franchise end up being sold off to become some ultra jewish gacha trash?
every time i think about it i get kinda sad.

comfy Ghibli soul but the gameplay is shit

I feel like I'm playing a children's game

Comfy game filled with soul.

boring and simplistic, so as to emulate Ghibli's films.

You're in for turn based combat.

That's because it kinda is.

second game is kino af

Playing the first game made me feel like a kid again.