I know everyone loves Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and thinks it's the second coming of Chrono Trigger here...

I know everyone loves Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and thinks it's the second coming of Chrono Trigger here, but i genuinely want you fuckers to redpill me on this game. I dropped it 3 hours in, did you enjoy playing this or did you also drop it after your first session?

Attached: planescape.jpg (800x678, 143.89K)

It’s not for me. I respect it for what it is, but it’s not for me. And that’s okay.

I played it when it first came out. There wasn't anything better to play.

I dropped disco elysium because it was a bunch of faggot commie tripe in a dull lifeless setting.
Fell in love with this game because of the setting and the world, but struggled at points because of the visual novel feel.

you have to be in the right mindset to enjoy the game where you just sit down and don't mind a lot of reading and slow paced questing and exploring for a couple of hours. The world in Planescape is incredible if you allow yourself to be immersed in it and you'll be rewarded with one of the best plots and writing in gaming. I'd stick with it at least until you have started the main quest and talked to Pharod and went into the sewers. A lot of new players just get lost in the hive for 3 hours not knowing what to do and then quit, but once you're on the main story, it picks up the pace a lot. The game is actually not that long for an oldschool cRPG either. It's in the 30-40 hour range depending how much side stuff you'll do.

Honestly took me like 4 attempts to finally get through it. Same thing with Morrowind. Sometimes with these old praised RPGs, you just gotta give them a second chance every now and then. Eventually they will 'click'.

>I know everyone loves Xenoblade Chronicles 3
I wish I live in your planet, user. I can't fucking discuss the game without "le pozzed!" shitposters anymore...

I dropped it because my GoG copy had some bugs and I had to mess around with some files and was still a buggy mess. I got the enhanced edition on steam many years later and had a blast. It was amazing. I got obsessed with it, I finished the game and I loved it from start to finish. Put a lot of points in int and wisdom. Like that user said, you gotta be in the right mindset.

Playing it right now, should I die or savescum to never die? I never dies yet, because I reload on reflex, but then I remembered this game is about dying. Is there anything else dying adds besides 10 minutues of running back to where you died?
Pic unrelated

Attached: 1651205160914.jpg (750x692, 54.76K)

You watched that basedboy Grimbeards vid didn't you?

I legitmately got lost in the hive despite enjoying the intro dungeon, the overworld is awful because the camera is shit

I played it like any other CRPG where I quicksaved all the time and always loaded when I died. There is nothing dying and respawning at the morgue adds to the game story wise or character progression wise, it's just a gameplay mechanic. You aren't missing out on anything by just reloading.

Ok cool, thanks

well.. that's not quite true

>Based
>Wears mismatching pastel nail polish, clearly in yhe early stages of announcing hes a troon
>Stops the video for a ten min rant on how you can romance the females and their revealing clothes
>Stops the vid again for a 20min rant on Gamergate

Attached: 1658318783661677.jpg (821x814, 131.73K)

Does he do that in all his videos? This was my first encounter with him and the whole "I'm going to be ironic about everything except sexist '90s video game writing" was disappointingly predictable.

Attached: annah.jpg (850x1169, 239.87K)

i dropped it the first time through, then picked it up again later on and finished it beginning to end
very worthwhile experience user, like many others said you have to trudge through some of the stiffness and initial tedium of all the dialogues, but once you let yourself sucked in the world and atmosphere it really shines
just play as a mage, invest in wis and int, and fyi the last third of the game is much faster paced and combat focused, though by that time you'll already be missing the heavy dialogue and lore building that the early game does

He has bits and pieces like that, but this is the first legitimate rant.

PS:T would be the last game I ever thought anyone could complain about sexualized characters and shit like that. The characters are literally a bunch of tiny pixelated blobs and the in-game pictures of Annah and FFG are ugly as fuck.

It's a book that you play
I like reading so I enjoyed Planescape

Yeah he's definitely getting worse as time passes

It's unironically a CRPG inspired by FF7/8 and a shitload of eastern reincarnation themes.