What was your most painful experience of a game you were excited for turned out to be dogshit?

What was your most painful experience of a game you were excited for turned out to be dogshit?

Attached: 9176497152461546781041641.jpg (1024x1024, 202.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLtmEjqzg7M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Duke Nukem Forever.

Starfield

6 days in fallujah
I don't think I'll ever get over it, all the promotional material looked so good...

Red Alert 3. I dreamed of a sequel for years as a kid, and when it got announced i was ecstatic and immediately put a preorder down at GameStop.
>Soulless "look how cheesy we are!" cutscenes
>Campaign designed around co op so you have a shitty AI partner every mission
>The Jap faction just wasnt cool, my opinion.

To add insult to injury, the launch day copies of the game didnt have a full CD key and after going to the forums complaining, the official EA response was "guess the last few characters". A "pick up that can, citizen" moment.

pic unrelated

>By the 10 creators of Joe Danger, the game everyone wish they didn't play, an infinite everything space exploration game with online multiplayer
Anyone excited for this turd is retarded
I did fall for Balan Blunderworld, thank god for the demo.

Thor : The Videogame
I wish i had got Tekken Tag 2 so much it hurts

I think Alien Colonial Marines broke me where now the most I ever get is cautiously optimistic over a game announcment.
Not that I'm cynical or believe games since then have been downhill. If anything I'm probably considered very optimistic/ by Any Forums standards. But when a announcment is made or a trailer is revealed no matter how great its looking I always have a part of me that is fully ready for all the marketing to be lies and the game is total shit.

And it's pretty good mindset to have. I still love vidya but when shit like Cyberpunk happens I don't get bummed or even surprsised when it goes tits up.

watch dogs with the seasons pass

Fuck you I like it

Sonic and the Black Knight. I was hoping for SA2B but with swords and shit but got linear-rail shit.

That's fine. Just don't lie and try to convince us "they fixed it" or "they finally delivered on their promises."
youtube.com/watch?v=nLtmEjqzg7M

Killing Floor 2
Dead Space 2
Shadow Warrior 2
Dragon Age 2

I 100% took the bait with fallout 76, I was such a bethesda fan boy and loved fallout and elder scrolls despite their flaws. but holy fuck did i get fucked on that one

I just started no man's sky expedition
It's bretty neat.
I can't think of many games that have delivered 20 content updates for free.

Attached: 81UlCGmZnKL._SL1500_[1].jpg (1061x1500, 184.05K)

Expeditions are the best part of the game by far. Since the main issue with NMS today is that there's no real goal, no incentive to do anything, and its foundational mechanics (gather resources so you can upgrade your gear to gather resources slightly faster) are boring. Expeditions (partially) fix these problems and make it feel more like a game, it's almost like a new campaign every couple months.

4.0 has been pretty blatantly teased as well for this year. Hope it's good.

The only thing that's missing, but it's a big one, is the creature interactions.
Game needs a complete overhaul for the procedural creature AI, even to this day they do not interact with the environment like that.

i remember a guy telling me how brink was going to have hundreds of competitive teams and would be the next big esports game.

man I remember playing the Dragon Age 2 demo and thinking "Wow.. what an absolute piece of shit".

chronicles of riddick: assault on dark athena. also the only time I've EVER preordered.