Is this a well liked/respected game here on Any Forums?

Is this a well liked/respected game here on Any Forums?

For all of its jankiness, I always really liked it. Its up there with Mario 64 for me.

Attached: Sonic_Adventure.png (300x297, 218.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5hGNAsTz0uU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I much prefer the sequel

Best implementation of momentum in a 3D Sonic. Spindash jumping is king.

I think SA1 had a lot of problems. So did SA2. But I think they're both a lot of fun, despite their flaws.

the set piece where you run from the whale blew minds

Attached: sonic.png (197x234, 56.12K)

Yeah I enjoy the sonic levels a lot.

Not so much the other characters though.

All Sonic games are shit.

contrarianism around here is rampant but yes, you will generally find people who like SA1 and 2 on this board

It was fantastic for its time. It hasn't aged as well as S3&K, but it is still a pretty fun game.

I played through the modded PC version with all the DC improvements a few weeks ago without any nostalgia for it at all along with SA2. Honestly, SA1 is kind of bad with a lot of unpolished mechanics. Sadly it does not hold up well at all while SA2 does for the most part aside from some jank.

>It hasn't aged as well as S3&K
that game is more ancient, even if your favorite faggot indie devs keep shoveling shitware

Any Forums has taken a backseat on shitting on sonic, there's very few soijak sonic memes because it feels redundant with Sonic, because everyone makes fun of sonic

Sonic is peak autism, especially when getting to some of the American-made media.

I don't think it holds up all that well but I definitely respect it more than any modern entries and in general. It's the first major 3D sonic game and they went above and beyond in may unnecessary ways that make it hard to not appreciate. Crazy to think about how pathetic Sonic is nowadays when all they had to do was improve on this.

>there with Mario 64 for me.
Absolutely delusional. Not only is it not even close to as good as mario 64 its not even a good game to begin with.

I never really gave this one a chance
I played SA2 first so I thought this one was always just a worse version of that

Beating Sonic is literally beating a dead horse and all of the old deviant art tier fans moved on to politics, died, or are obsessed with some other game now.

The only part I hate about Sonic Adventure is that damn mission 53. I still can't beat it to this day.

yes.

Still upsets me to this day that they did nothing but experimental titles after Adventure 2 until they landed on boost, and now we're never going to have a Sonic game with Adventure style gameplay again.

SA1, SA2 and Heroes (Gamecube/Xbox only) are all enjoyable games. There are better 3D platformers out there tho

Replayed it recently, I really enjoyed it. It's a lot of fun to move throughout the levels using tricks that may or may not have been intended. I enjoyed the Sonic levels most, of course, but Tails, Knuckles (since the radar isn't cancer in this game), and E-102 had decent levels too. I think it's overall a more fun game than SA2, Chao Garden notwithstanding.

i think it's rad. i really like the way sonic controls

>speed gameplay, pinball, snowboarding, bumper cars, Tails gameplay, treasure hunting, Amy gameplay, fishing, mech shooting, plane stages
>11 stages divided into sections, plus 3 hub areas and 3 Chao gardens
>130 emblems and the A & B missions
it has a ton of variety and content. Certainly more than any Sonic Team game up to that point

Best theme coming through
youtu.be/5hGNAsTz0uU

Attached: DB9863BD-05A1-471A-AAC2-167CC126286F.gif (640x480, 713.75K)