How did he become one of the most iconic video game characters of all time to the point where people who have never...

How did he become one of the most iconic video game characters of all time to the point where people who have never even played Undertale know of him and Megalovania?

Attached: Sans.jpg (1920x1080, 126.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4TzVOLOROkM
youtu.be/6yvfU8xK_VQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wDgQdr8ZkTw
youtu.be/4usIrkUwDUY
youtu.be/CdhZBPNQ_kM
youtu.be/FpOM4Fs08kU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Memes, obviously

Attached: file.png (800x618, 361.57K)

He didn't, it's just a bunch of retards that pretend Undertale was more influential than it was. The only reason I know about him is because you guys spam it constantly. It's by no means a household name and I guarantee that the people who know him are at about the same level of understanding as I am and only propagate him through memes like said.

Undertales a good game, seethe

Attached: 1658580378962933.gif (112x112, 808.04K)

undertale's audience is specifically internet shut-ins, don't think it's hard to have him shilled everywhere you look on the internet

>depressed character who makes a lot of jokes
>"Dude, he's just like me, frfr."

That's pretty much the appeal, I'd guess.

>"It's not popular because I don't like it."

I'd ask if you want seconds, but you're clearly full of yourself.

He and Spamton have the same "quirky and funny on the outside, depressed and undergoing an existential crisis on the inside" deal, and it worked with flying colors both times.

most popular indie game that isn't minecraft

None of that happened Toby, come back to bed

No

Attached: 1658969914000.jpg (925x740, 489K)

>Hollow Knight over Undertale
Fake and gay

is that in terms of bought units?
A lot of undertale's fanbase have never actually played the game, similar to a lot of zoomie games. They just get obsessed over games and post about it relentlessly online

>enter the gungeon is the highest roguelite
Of all possible representatives of such a hit or miss genre, one of the worst examples that hits all the marks to be technically acceptable comes out on top?

Forced by most autistic Homocuck community

Online fanbases represent a tiny minority of the population, they're just very loud, sales are much more indicative of popularity. For example only 20% of America is on Twitter and 10% of Twitter users create 80% of all the tweets, social media is an echo chamber.

wtf is this based off of sales?
i guarantee there is a huge amount of people who have seen the entire game through lets plays but never actually played it like FNAF

i have never heard of long dark or satisfactory in my life but I could ask my mother what a five nights at freddy's is and get a response

Without looking at any sales charts, I'm pretty sure Hades would be the #1 spot. Good game that can appeal to both newcomers and experience players plus tons of attention from the media and word of mouth.

your wrong lol
Dead cells is a roguelite you mongrel

Undertale videos on YouTube don't have a significantly different amount of views than the rest of those games (barring Minecraft of course which is ridiculously far ahead), and even those are probably inflated by children watching them over and over again like those nursery rhymes videos that get billions of views since Tony's games skew towards that demographic.

Anecdotes are not data, the vast majority of people have never heard about any of these games except Minecraft

yeah... right...
youtube.com/watch?v=4TzVOLOROkM

Attached: file.png (1111x224, 137.08K)

Why isn't Papyrus as popular? I feel like he's funnier.

Attached: Papyrus.jpg (1920x1080, 156.5K)

That's a song, read the rest of my post

his battle was super lame compared to sans battle
The entire reason sans is so popular is how hes comedic and doesnt want to fight you, and the only way to fight him is that super cool final boss fight

Because he isn't edgy. Also he isn't the final boss of the based route, which is the main reasons why sans is popular.

Because he doesn't have an edgy fight where he gets serious.

see

youtu.be/6yvfU8xK_VQ

oh no no no no no tobybros.. with a five year lead even....

>the final boss of the based route

Attached: Asriel Dreemurr.jpg (1280x720, 81.24K)

youtube, generally

Chara is Imposter from Among Us?? (game theory)

That one cribs fame from Steven Universe

Same phenomenon as Touhou, secondaries.

>make character using cliche tropes for comic relief pranksters
>but never take anything too far and actually make them likable instead of annoying
>make them also a secret boss fight you have to work hard to even unlock but is a meme fight streamers will kill themselves to beat for views
>as a prank
you gotta appreciate the cunning here.

You have to admit that Megalovania is a genuinely fantastic theme.

Wow, the actual theme has even more views. Almost as much as among us imposter
youtube.com/watch?v=wDgQdr8ZkTw

Attached: file.png (1150x219, 31.76K)

It's okay, nothing special

youtu.be/4usIrkUwDUY

youtu.be/CdhZBPNQ_kM

Anyone know what the most viewed video game track is on YT? 89 million views is pretty crazy for one.

this is my favorite videogame music track
youtu.be/FpOM4Fs08kU

that's absurd, toddlers really dominate youtube now

Nah meme songs regularly go much higher than that, crab rave has like 200M on just one video

I'm talking specifically video game music.

>to the point where people who have never even played Undertale know of him and Megalovania?
Are there any other Undertale "fans"?

Yes, it's a good game.

How do you know?

Because I've played it.

Don't lie on the internet.

How do you separate people who came because of the game and the people who came because of the meme though