Every game is a flop

>every game is a flop
>no one is excited even for the mainline FF, KH and DQ
>NFTs as a last ditch effort to keep themselves profitable
How long until they are put up for garage sale?

Attached: selogo_onwhite.jpg (1200x630, 35.94K)

2 years tops

FF and DQ have some hype behind them, but if they go all in on garbage like NFT's and even more brutal monetization than they already milk like in XIV and Babylon's fall then what little good faith is left in them won't be enough. Ignore the underage retarrds who scream a company will die overnight, it's a slow process.

If they keep this up they'll go full blizzard soon but without the financial base to support it. It will be a slow sinking ship until someone else just devours their company out of pity.0

as much as I hate to say it because it is a shit game, xiv alone will probably keep that from happening. they really have destroyed all of their own franchises; it’s truly remarkable. they’re banking a lot on 16 which is why you see so many advertisements for it, but ironically the games SE don’t market at all turn out to be their best games, and all the ones that get shown at e3 usually go through multiple development changes over almost a decade and release in a hot mess when the hype has mostly died down

Fangayz still pretend that FF16 looks good

All we know of DQ12 is
>Mature
>Adult
>Choices
Sounds like they want to tilt a bit into mainstream WRPG territory. DQ12 has plenty of defenders but I have to say what we have heard makes me more worried than it makes me optimistic.

FFXVII will probably be online full of microtransactions at this rate

>>Mature
>>Adult
This is incredibly exaggerated and it probably won't be much darker than any DQ title from 5 to 8. They just won't try to appease CERO A anymore. Not to mention Horii is still behind this. If there's any writer in the entire game industry to trust it's him.

>FFXIV and DQX still printing money
>Sold the western studios (thank God)
>Their non-vidya businesses are fine
>Their gacha makes ok money
>Live A Live is a success
>Romancing SaGa Minstrel Song and SaGa Frontier remasters confirmed
While I don't like many of their practices, they are doing fine and still make games that interest me

Triangle strategy outsold 13 trannies
Live a live will outsell soul lackers 2 lol

Attached: rewindyt-1655503545105.jpg (1280x720, 197.59K)

>DQX
never ever

Attached: sadkaiji.png (1200x720, 598.06K)

I would buy this argument if they didnt also talk about "choices". When you continually say the story will be "more mature" and "have choices" it's hard not to imagine it's going in a certain direction.

>if they go all in on garbage like NFT's
They already backpedaled and abandoned that route. Now whether they regret the sale of their western studios that was supposed to help facilitate that farce is left to be seen.

They only used that phrasing because the last several DQ games have been reserved compared to what it was over a decade ago.
As for choices, DQ5 also had those. I imagine that it'll be a more indepth marriage system.

They need a return to basics in terms of their mainline. Make a high budget turn based medieval / technopunk FF game with a line of dudes you control

>casually keeps the company afloat for the next 20 years

You realize that XI saved SE more than a few times? and that shit was a fraction as popular

Attached: 1658473402351.png (1920x1080, 1.61M)

bahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha holy shit boomers actually believe this

>they already backpedaled
then why are nfts bundled with their shitty new figures?

They've never surpassed FFX and FFVII's sales numbers and they never will as long as they keep chasing an audience outside of their core demographic

>Not to mention Horii is still behind this. If there's any writer in the entire game industry to trust it's him.
Trust him.....to do what? Write the same fucking story he's written 11 times? DQfags are delusional, I swear to God.

>They've never surpassed FFX and FFVII's sales numbers
That isn't even remotely true lmao, and even if it was it's not 1997 anymore you retard. The bestselling turn based titles have max lifetime sales of 6 million nowadays, fucking chumpchange in the modern gaming market and would never support a AAA company, much less one making full 3D titles with HQ assets. You ARE retarded.

>niggerbabble
Ook ook pavement ape