Your opinion on Sega consoles?

Your opinion on Sega consoles?
I love the DC and the Master System.

Attached: 1658959102068.jpg (600x450, 46.1K)

N64 was considered a failure and outsold all of them

I never saw a Master System IRL. But I did find a power base converter for the Genesis recently. What games do I pick up?

s i d e c a b l e

Attached: sega-master-system-controller.jpg (996x566, 184.14K)

was the N64 an actual financial failure or was it a case of "this didn't make the 500 billion dollars we expected, shut it down"

When I was a kid we had a SNES, but we also got a Genesis later for Rocket Knight and Sonic. There were other great games that are massively underrated like Thunder Force IV. I missed out on a good stuff on Genesis, but what I did play I remember extremely fondly.

I also really loved the Dreamcast, although I didn't get one until like 2007 or so. Sega's quality of games when they were making hardware was just better. Other than the Genesis and Dreamcast I don't have much experience with them. My brother had a master system but we mostly played NES, so I don't have any nostalgia for the Master System.

I've always wanted a Saturn for the fighting games. Might still get one with an ODE one of these days.

all the disney and asterix games
wonder boy
sms sonic 1 and 2
golden axe legend
fantasy zone
power striker
daffy in hollywood
alex kidd in shinobi land
hokuto no ken/black belt
phantasy star 1
golvellius

please stop trolling me

Thanks. I have PS1 for the GBA and loved it.
Wouldn't have thought the HnK game would be good. I'll check it out.

I love my Saturn and Dreamcast, I still play them on a regular basis. Currently playing through Panzer Dragoon Saga for the third time.

I only played the Genesis at a friends house and I've never touched a Saturn but I absolutely loved the Dreamcast. I'm very tempted to buy a Saturn of my own eventually but the emulation has gotten pretty good so that's the one thing stopping me.

i was disappointed when there was no headphone output in megadrive#2 that i bought
but 6button pad was cool

no gaems

The saturn had the last laugh though, because nowdays everyone realises how much better its library is.

>everyone realizes how superior the library is
nah.

Name some fighting games and RPGs without saying "Smash," "Killer Instinct," and "Paper Mario." No doubt that the PS1 and Saturn DESTROY the N64 in those genres. Also, Bomberman 64's 4-player capability is cute. PS1 Bomberman can go up to 5, and Saturn Bomberman a whopping 10.

The Kino-cast deserved better.

The Saturn's library is literally held up my 2d Capcom fighters that didn't have better ports anywhere, Extremely obscure JRPGs, and Panzer Dragoon Saga. It's Sonic game is just a collection and one of the most disliked side games in the franchise, Sonic R. Nights is also really hit for miss for people. If it did get a multiplat it was probably best on Saturn, but it was so short lived that it really didn't have time to get that many really great games.

64 fucking bombed, but at least a bombed Nintendo console gets at least a few really good must plays. I can't think of any must play Saturn games besides Panzer Dragoon Saga.

>I can't think of any must play Saturn games besides Panzer Dragoon Saga.
Guardian Heroes
Panzer Dragoon Zwei
Saturn Bomberman
Best version of Thunder Force V
Best version of Silhouette Mirage
Burning Rangers

>rpg
>fighter
miss me with that shit

Then suck a dick. Those were the days.

I don't know if I would call those must plays honestly, and I fucking love the Thunder Force games.

>2D beat em up when they were going out of style
>Rail shooter, but actually good
>Fantastic Party game and that's about it
>Great game
>weird 2d animu platformer
>Fire fighter anime

I don't doubt the ones I haven't played on that list aren't good, but these aren't the type of games that sell a system or really did anything new.

Literally the only reason I keep my N64 around is to play Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Earth. I own no other games for it. I sold Mischief Makers (the other N64 game I owned) a few years ago at a swap meet, just couldn't get into it w/ that control scheme. Tried getting into it 4 times over the years, good game but just not for me.