Will we ever see these again?

When purchasing physical games, I always loved reading the manuals for understanding game mechanics and helpful hints, alongside inserts included in the game highlighting other upcoming titles or potential rewards.

Cheat codes were great, a personal debug menu for the player. In GTA San Andreas, i would always do things like flying car cheats, free parachutes / jetpacks etc. Or even simpler ones like unlocking all the characters in Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee. Do any of you miss these small amenities provided in games back then?

Attached: image_2022-07-27_172957379.png (758x599, 350.94K)

*unplugs your life support*
time to go, granpa!

tons of games have demos and hidden secrets

how many times do we have to tell you to stop playing AAA garbage

Attached: 1654321336729.webm (696x522, 1.72M)

>look up a detailed 100% guide for a game so you don't "miss anything"
>complain there aren't any hidden secrets

i think next up the kill list will be complete single player experiences. That shit like the live service Assassins Creed game theyre making will be the future and they will dripfeed it content for a decade before you get a new game.

Attached: 877.png (3493x1179, 357.03K)

Big head mode.

I didnt comment on the last too because I was baffled by that claim. But then i remember stuff like easter eggs still being today in some gays, and retail games that came with demos of other titles included (Although this doesn't matter in the era of online digital distribution of course). And I also don't play any AAA games. I hate em all. From No Man's Galaxy to shit like Starbound. I don't get how people fall for such garbage every single time.

game demos are still a thing

fun

DLC totally killed unlockables, especially in fighting games

I used to love completing a challenge or exploring a side path and getting "Concept Art Unlocked!"
The last game I saw to do this was Strider 2014.

>DLC totally killed unlockables, especially in fighting games
I agree, but as adults dont't you think unlockables being a thing of the past was for the better? Shit like SSBM making Game and Watch available after 1000 Battles is ridiculous.

Attached: IMG_1827.jpg (1200x1200, 258.9K)

We still get that, especially in compilation games. I think Capcom Fighting Collection and Sonic Origins provide this. Im not sure if its fully unlocked or not though.

I unlocked it playing classic mode, you insufferable zooming faggot

I miss printed manuals the most

hidden secrets are still plenty

Steam is somehow trying to bring back demos and it's working quite well if you like smaller games.

>a personal debug menu for the player
Bethesda gives you a literal debug menu for their games and a lot of indie developers do the same thing.

>Console commands are the new cheat codes.

I miss Hidden secrets the most.

Games with servers that had actual communities

There are still plenty of secrets, it’s just not the fault of games themselves that there’s data iners and internet communities making them public, and there’s really nothing that they could even do about it.

>Good looking female character.
>Games that are fun.

Tunic had so many "hidden secrets" they stopped being secrets and you would expect an extra path behind every corner.

>cheat codes are dead
>implying

Attached: D00M_Eterno.jpg (1920x1152, 740.66K)

Hardly any games have demos nowadays. Betas don't count.

You miss the thing that literally never went away? Why?

Genshin Impact already does this,gacha aside

Steam literally has entire seasonal fests dedicated to new game demos, pretty sure other launchers are starting to do it too.

split screen still exists, just not as prevalent
cheat codes still exist, they're just accessed via console commans
game demos are still incredibly relevant and all over the place.
hidden secrets are still in games as well.

The fuck is this stupid ass picture trying to even say? the only one on there that's no longer really a thing is printed manuals.

Yeah, I mean that I get it if someone misses the era when everything didn’t get mined and shared the day games become available and has an unrealistic and utopic wish of getting that back, but anyone who thinks that games today don’t *have* secrets are retarded.

Doom Eternal had cheat codes.
Steam has hundreds of games with demos
hidden secrets is in a lot of games
split screen is a relic now that everybody has 13 tvs and 4 monitors.
Printed manuals is just a waste of paper. good riddance.

>Split screen
Still exists on some games
>Cheat codes
Still exists on some games
>Printed manals
Still exists but is limited to some games, but some games today comes with other goodies like artbooks, reversible covers, etc, so its not a big loss
>Game demos
Still exists
>Hidden sectres
Still exists

OP is a fag