How can you NOT think Super Paper Mario was the best in the series?

How can you NOT think Super Paper Mario was the best in the series?

Attached: 360.jpg (795x491, 66.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vma4xhHskRk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shit gameplay
Shit level design
Shit character designa

It wasn't fun to play

None of them ever got passed 'okay', PM was always inferior to Mario and Luigi

>Shit taste
>Shit childhood
>Shit school friends

I feel you user

fundamentally broken and fanfic tier story

I keep replaying this game every 2-3 months or so to scratch that itch but I drop it at around Chapter 3 and move on to other things. Same with Last Story. I love the game. But I can't be bothered for some reason. Is there an equally-autistic SPM modding community as there is for 64 and TTYD? That reminds me. That TTYD guy...what ever happened to him?

Attached: 1653575692029.png (1859x967, 3.95M)

pic unrelated. This game refers to SPM

Suffers from Star Wars prequel syndrome. A shit game got followed up with straight up unsalvageable garbage, therefore people look back on this and go "'membah the oc's/story?".

t. 2007 tourists

it had good bits, but the fire emblem guys cant make a sides crolling platformer to save their life, and an rpg platformer with enemies with hp bars that you whittle down by jumping on them over and over with floaty imprecise controls ent fun

francis would never say this

64 and TTYD are simply better

Attached: 49992289_p0.png (900x741, 632.66K)

youtube.com/watch?v=vma4xhHskRk

Attached: 49992289_p1.png (900x741, 790.04K)

>francis
NOW THIS LOOKS TOO OFF BRAND TO ME
SO MAKE IT LIKE NSMB
'CAUSE WE NEED A LITTLE CONSISTENCY
'CAUSE IT AIN'T NINTENDO WITHOUT ME
I SAID, STOP THIS SHIT NOW TANABE
JUST MAKE IT LIKE NSMB
'CAUSE WE CAN'T JUST DO AN RPG
'CAUSE IT AIN'T NINTENDO WITHOUT ME

Attached: IT-AIN'T-NINTENDO-WITHOUT-ME.gif (498x367, 3.17M)

In Paper Mario games there's always a part that kind of sucks that I don't want to do again on replays.
In PM 1 it's Flower Fields. TTYD's is Creepy Steeple.
For SPM every chapter in the game has one.
It's truly amazing that they managed to make an entire game almost entirely out of THAT part. Then again at least the basic underlying game mechanics aren't dogshit like Sticker Star so it isn't the worst.

TTYD has like 3-4 "That parts" honestly, 64 only has flower fields.

>Shit character designs
how? I personally really like the geometric look, gives the characters an intentionally distinct vibe different from the Mario universe

>literally every single character in every single dimension outside of the mario one has the same geometric artstyle
Odyssey did the whole different artstyles better, because the different kingdoms actually had different artstyles instead of copy pasting the realistic humans everywhere.

>Paper Mario 1 and 2 are both 3-D games
>Super Paper Mario is a 2-D game, where the gimmick is that all the secrets and game progression are frequently hidden behind the 3-D mode button.
>If you played the whole game in 3-D mode it would reveal what a farce the game is, so they penalize your health for doing so. (yeah there's an unlockable that disables it, but fuck that.)

This. Even with some of TTYD flaws people love to nitpick about, they're still better than any of the newer ones.
Just glad modders still know what a decent Paper Mario game is supposed to be. That way, everyone else can enjoy their wacky le paper adventure romp Nintendo insists on doing

Easy. Half the series is quite bad and half is good.