Art or programming, what's more difficult to do when making a game? please no autism

Art or programming, what's more difficult to do when making a game? please no autism

Attached: 1635332989910.jpg (772x495, 121.97K)

art since you either have the talent for it or dont. you cant learn it

You make this thread like 3 times a week, but if you're picking one to learn then pick programming.
The sad reality is that artists are going to be phased out by AI intelligence, so being a good coder by extension makes you a good artist.

>lambda calculus for programming video games
A Jax iteration and Final Fantasy VII are the only registered cases.

Attached: 591340.jpg (640x480, 37.66K)

neither. game design is more important.
knowing how to create a game people want to play. technically you could outsource everything but also get what you want if you know what you're doing. it's not exactly a skill you can "level up" in like art/programming either.

>t. Retard
Sounds like you didn’t even try learning it.

>be me
>noob artist
>make art
>upload to pixiv
>see the tag of the art i just made to see what others made recently of the same topic
>some guy made a scene in Koikatsu
>in that scene there is the character that I drew of the anime I'm watching
>its got more hearts than my art
>mfw

Attached: 1630812021287.png (720x720, 333.9K)

Just like truckers are going to get phased out by self-driving semis any day now, right?
Dall-E 2 can only generate generic images based on what it's trained on, and it's being tightly controlled.
It'll be great if you want background images or if your game could be put together with stock images, but have fun making it generate a sprite sheet of your OC or a properly-fitting texture for your 3D model - which speaks nothing about making the model itself, or rigging it.

Art. 100% art. You can make Tetris in less than a week with zero (0) knowledge. Have fun drawing anything presentable after a month.

Programming.

Attached: 1648061517666.png (512x512, 202.43K)

Attached: kjnhuvtciyhgcruyjvh.png (1153x1824, 433.64K)

Stop asking the same question every day just stop it it's annoying

Artists are going to be obsolete soon because of AI generated art

Ai will be able to generate code too

>Just like truckers are going to get phased out by self-driving semis any day now, right?
You're retarded if you think that self-driving vehicles are in any way comparable to an AI which draws shit for you. One is much easier to test experimentally as there is no danger posed to anyone, and is much laxer on the legal side.

they said they same thing when website generators like squaresoft started popping up

AI needs to be able to actively collaborate like a person before it gets to that point. Otherwise only people out of luck are people who already make mindless art made as filler like stock or corpoart. But if you want a very specific piece of art you'd need to actually talk to the artist go through preliminary stages to get close to your vision then refine. AIs can't be that exact yet. And then there's getting into artists who create their own shit and then sell it because other people enjoy it.

I pick up trash at work. I would like to see AI replace me.

/thread

Art, if you lack talent, you will be stuck at beginner level for decades. Programming is a lesser problem, because only autists would actually start making their won game.

The one you didn't do as a child

I had an AI generate the main character of my next game, cool. Let's pretend this is Dall-E 2 instead of mini and it looks great.

Notice how my single prompt generated nine completely different images?
How do you expect this to get the image I picked and generate it again?
I'll need a sprite of him smiling, crying, laughing, etc. Will the AI be able to generate the same exact character, 1:1, every time?
What about a sprite sheet? I need him running, I need him swinging a sword, I need him using the legendary staff FaggotStick - does the AI know what that is? Has the AI been trained on that?

This is all for a 2D game. What if, instead, I need textures for my 3D models? Does the AI know the exact dimensions to make it look correct? Does it even know how to make a UV map, has it been trained on that? You make concessions based on how the model is rigged - can the AI also rig my model for me?

You are delusional.

Attached: my guy.png (762x818, 1.14M)

I don’t mind these threads desu. They’re a great incentive to programmers and artists, they share their works, inputs and methods with newcomers and pros alike.

So fuck your shit, crab! Coders will get the rope too

SUS man

Yeah, no one said is was a viable option now you fucktard, but at the rate AI is advancing it's obvious to see that we'll fairly soon reach a point that it is viable, probably in this lifetime.

Ey, mister 5 years. READ THE SIGN.
"PLEASE. NO. AUTISM."

I'm having this exact problem. I can draw and program, and I vaguely know what I want to make, but the specifics and indecision are bogging me down.
I'm reaching a point where I just wish I had someone telling me what to do and make so I can just get working.

>loomis in the OP
you know what to do.

Attached: 1637359994106.png (644x800, 137.47K)