5 hours into the game and I swear there was about 30 minutes of gameplay and 4,5 hours of watching cutscenes

5 hours into the game and I swear there was about 30 minutes of gameplay and 4,5 hours of watching cutscenes.
>its ok if japan does it

Attached: yakuza_like_a_dragon.jpg (1440x2160, 978.55K)

thaks yakuza games for you

Yes because the story is good

>plays ironic weeb games for normalfags
>expects to see anything but westoid shit with a paper thin japan coat of paint
at least it's fully proper cutscenes, no bullshit walking segments that are glorified interactive cutscenes

I'm tired of the plot twists bros...

Attached: je3zddgi6te711.png (960x511, 589.61K)

I'm 23 hours in and wish I was watching cutscenes. The combat is so shit. It starts out strong and then just never changes in any significant way.

>runs around the dim lit city
>EEEI CHOTTO
>gets into the fight
>runs around the dim lit city
>gets into the awkward le wholesome sidequest, makes friends with le epic nerdy guy and helps him to fuck a jav idol lol so randon xD
>finally reaches a main quest mark
>30 fps
>serious nips looking at each other with resentment
>NANDATO.... ISSHIN DAKUTO.....
>MADA AMERU..... YATTE NE......
>SORE DE WA ..... ATARASHII GENKI DATTA
>EEEH??????
>JIA.... KUREKATTA YAKUZA SHIMERUOOOOO!!!!
>mashes buttons to deal with a boss

Attached: 1.jpg (274x342, 40.54K)

bros I'm 10 hours in and the can mini game has bee the highlight

>play a jrpg
>get mad that it's a jrpg
many such cases

>Yakuza 0
shit sux

Is this your first JRPG or Yakuza game? You go through a shit ton of story. Then even more uninterrupted gameplay until you feel like continuing the story.

People are hypocrites or have mental illness. What else is new?

Story focused games being bad is a meme that newfags parrot to other newfags cause they're trying to fit in. Anyone that isn't a fucking complete zoomer knows story focused games have been a thing way before the big bad snoy movie games gave them a bad rep here.

lulz

What is this astute observation doing on Any Forums

New Yakuza announcement when?

You got memed. The Yakuza games are literal movie games.

>play FFV
>all jobs are unlocked 5 hours in

I've brought this up before but this board always seems to excuse it by virtue of being Yakuza...

Well yeah it's fucking hilarious, even as a veteran I would not have anticipated Bumm-Pac-Man

There's nothing to excuse. A game having a lot of cutscenes used to never be something someone complained about, I genuinely have no idea where it comes from. People criticize Sony games as movie games because they feature that obnoxious "in game" cutscene where you're just walking slowly and listening to character's talk, that's the shit people hate. It has nothing to do with cutscenes.

Nigger, there's a reason that SE added a 4x speed modifier to all of their rereleases.

It's also said movie games basically railroading you from one spectacle and epic move to the next usually resolved by pressing the action button in the right context, instead of having actual gameplay.
MGS on the otherhand has always been among the holy grails of Any Forumscore

It was "excusable" in previous Yakuza games because you unlock the basics of the fight system immediately and the only thing the story-heavy beginning does is restrict side stories and minigames. Y7 by contrast locks of basic gameplay features until you're over a third of the way through the game, so you're not even able to appreciate the gameplay even if you wanted to.

Yeah it's for autists grinding to 100% not them being embarrassed about their cutscenes and dialog sequences.

>MGS on the otherhand has always been among the holy grails of Any Forumscore
That's MGS2, and that has the single most prescient ending in the history of gaming, nay, fiction in the last 30 years.

There's also a reason they're never in the original releases. People who whine about cutscenes are zoomers with no attention span.

I meant the 1-3 as a whole, maybe even some bits of 4

No, it's for speeding through the text on replays. No one is going to replay Y7, though.

Y8 was announced forever ago and we got the first offscreen footage of it like a week ago.

Though FF lets you at least work with its systems in the first 15 hours of gameplay. Usually within the first.

>No one is going to replay Y7, though.
I already have, and I will again.

I know several on this board alone who did that. and wanting to kill themselves because the extra game plus difficulty mode is just horse shit
Anyway this whole comparison is horseshit since you can just skip all the cutscenes (aside from a handful fringe cases throughout the whole franchise) in Yakuza games anyway

I stopped after clearing the main game. Is True MT worth going back to now? After a NG+? At all?

Unless you are trying to 100% the game including all the achievements there is literally no reason to do it ever unless you just like bashing your head against inflated numbers by inflating your own.