Nintendo's Nightmare

Bros, what are your thoughts on running Yuzu on the Steam Deck? This seems like a nightmare for Nintendo to me, and they're going nuts removing YouTube videos that show Switch games running on Yuzu on the Steam Deck.

I found out about Yuzu recently, and saw the games compatibility list. Most major Switch games are playable on Yuzu, and a lot of the ones that aren't are third party games which are available on Steam, or trash shovelware that I wouldn't play anyways.

The switch also has a very limited retro games library, and no Virtual Console, whereas on the Steam Deck, you can just install emulators to play any nes/snes/n64/gamecube/etc. game you want.

To me, it seems like the Steam Deck is going to blow the Switch out of the water in this regard. My deck is currently in the mail, and I'll have it in a few days, so I'm not certain yet -- but I was thinking about selling my modded OG Nintendo Switch after I get the Steam Deck.

Attached: yuzu-steam-deck.jpg (1280x720, 75.7K)

It doesn't emulate switch games particularly well and frankly I think it's too big of a device. Really cool for playing some PC titles that didn't already have a convenient portable option, but I doubt the deck will affect the switch at all

you dumbasses still don't understand that Nintendo doesn't care about Deck, it will never have the mainstream appeal of the Switch even if it is better hardware, it doesn't matter.

If they didn't care, why would they be putting so much effort into removing videos about emulating on the Steam Deck?

It might not take a major chunk out of their market share, but I'm sure they're aware of it, now that they have Valve as a major competitor to them.

One thing about the Switch is that lots of PC gamers were enticed to get one in the beginning, because it was a cool portable device where they could play a lot of their games, plus new nintendo games, whereas something like a Wii U wouldn't be as justified of a purchase.

Now that the Steam Deck exists, a lot of those people will get a Steam Deck, and if they can emulate Switch Games on it, then the incentive for them to get a switch for the exclusives is gone as well.

If they gos into store's and available everywhere nobody will ever buy another closed system ever

Played through a few switch games on the deck so far, and its so much better. Mostly better performance and a lot comfier to hold (i'm not a faggot with onions gripper hands)

Nintendo hates emulation unless they're the one selling it, it's nothing new.
Valve is not a major competitor unless they start selling it in mainstream stores.
Yeah PC gamers are gonna go towards Deck but that's about it, mom and pops are still gonna buy Switch to their children and that's where Nintendo makes bank.

OH N-

Attached: ddf.webm (640x360, 1.83M)

Try that on any laptop pretend the same won't happen I dare you

Had this happen one time, but it turned back on after I waited a few seconds before pressing the button again. The sleep/wake button definitely doesn't result in a snappy on/off like you get on a cell phone, but I haven't had any major issues with it

Emulation on Deck is shitposting fuel and/or cope.
>Suddenly suboptimal resolution is fine because emulation.
>Suddenly 30fps is fine because emulation.
>Suddenly two hour battery life is fine because emulation.
>Suddenly crashes and lost progress is fine because emulation.
So on and so on.

The deck has been wildly successful among the people it was expected to sell to, enough that I know Gaben was talking about future iterations and shit even before Q2 orders had cleared. That being said, you'd have to lack any sense of perspective or understanding of decimal places to think the deck has significantly impacted the switch in any way. They're two completely different devices, with some overlap in audience and software.
It'd be crazy to think the deck is somehow siphoning off sales from 12 year olds who would've wanted a switch instead if the deck didn't exist or something

Also about selling the modded switch - just keep it. I have one, also bought a deck, and have no real reason to jump to exclusively emulating switch games on the deck because I have the native hardware already. I know over time emulation will improve, but it's not really far enough along yet for me to want to sell my switch, personally

I might keep it for now, it's possible that something will come out on the Switch, and i'll be kicking myself for selling it afterwards because I can't play that game on the Deck.

I was thinking about selling it mainly so that I could spend the money on upgrading the Steam Deck though, like buying a bigger SSD, custom skin, the improved electromagnetic joysticks, etc.

I'll probably just do that anyways though

I can't think of a single Nintendo exclusive game I want to play as a grown adult

>Bros, what are your thoughts on running Yuzu on the Steam Deck?

Attached: 1657575032302.webm (480x720, 758.22K)

I own a Deck and trying to use it for epic anal vore console wars is extremely cringe

Attached: IMG_20220716_010050.jpg (4624x2080, 3.56M)

You're mentally ill.

>emulation is still so fucking terrible that it's not even popular despite being literally free on any device
Yeah Switch is fine

Does it matter? You can't even buy this in stores. How many middle-class moms are gonna buy this thing for their kids?

Attached: 081A2A07-FA48-4DDE-B71C-24E22E13A8E6.png (1196x624, 144.95K)

I wish I was getting paid to market the steam deck. I live with my parents and I just subsist off of the money I saved up the last time I had a job

Pc cucks forget Nintendo makes billions yearly on merchandising and royalties

Console war shitposters also have like 16 years since the Wii to figure out that Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about company rivalries.