>tranny fortress
thanks but I will stick to the 2012 version

Waiting for the steam version

based

youtu.be/k0qmkQGqpM8

>Steam news
>It still isn't on Steam
That's why.

Source? Pretty fucking lame if that's the case.

user, DF is an autistic world simulator, not a game.
Retards like will complain about the UI, when the UI is fine as it is.
Fortress mode has no balance. You can solve the game by raising a bridge. You form no emotional connection to 95% of your 100 or so pawns.
There is nothing to do except to jerk off to le epin funny combat logs and building le heckin goblin murderino minecart water launchers, before FPS lags kills your fort and you have to start anew.

it was on the steam forums, he asked if people would be willing to have fortress mode only at launch if it meant getting the game out quicker, and most people said yes
adventure mode would've added anywhere from 6 months to a year onto the time it'd take to release

Those graphics, and all existing tilesets, are so fucking ugly.

Boooo
Adventure mode is what I play 99% of the time. Guess I'm just sol

>wanting to play DF's adventure mode
holy soi, it's barebones garbage
play DDA or QUD

I can play many games.

I'm not paying for it and I don't care about graphics. This version means nothing to me. No meaningful addition or development has occurred since they fell in with the trannies and started working on the Steam version. It's effectively a dead project.

>needing third party applications just to manage your dwarves

No thanks, I'll just play Rimworld.

Can someone in very simple terms explain to me how to build a working well? There is something wrong in my brain trying to think with Z levels I might be slighty disabled

tranny game

i like generating a brand new world and exploring in it as a lone adventur

Dig or find a 3x3 space, channel the center so there's a hole. Build a well building in that 3x3 space that has a hole in it. Make sure there's sufficient, non-murky water below that z-level.

C(h)annel a tile above a tile of water then place the well
If you're trying to do it above an empty tile the dorfs will try to fill it with buckets and if it's too far from another water source it will keep evaporating by the time another bucket arrives

well on top of open space
water
water
water
more water
dwarf and water
undead carp and water
more water

>game has been developed for this long
>It's effectively a dead project.

it's a fucking game. play it or dont. your post has nothing of substance. and neither does mine because thats how fucking pointless your post was

The dev has cancer, be easy on him

>CDDA
kitchen sink garbage
>Qud
literally just a shittier adventure mode

i cannot be any easier on him unless i tracked him down and piggyback ride him everywhere he needs to go

Somewhat unrelated but I'm playing CDDA and trying my hardest not to get filtered.

Ok but what about making it underground? I want to get down the water first, my problem is that the water always fills up my fort from the bottom. I syphon the water from a river. What i do is:
Dig a "channel" down for the water. Water goes into a 3x3 empty space without ramps, water goes up and floods my fort. I even place this grid thing but the water keeps flooding in

I do. it's a fun game, I wish Toady would stop working on the Steam version and get back to bug fixes/ new features already.

Attached: 1589241395025.gif (1266x688, 33.19K)

The UI is total shit and needlessly convoluted for how simple the gameplay actually is.

i played this 4-5 years ago and iirc there were two game modes, one for community-building and one for solo exploration. Did they break the adventure mode or something?

>DF-fag unironically calls another game "kitchen sink garbage"

Attached: 1658150482786.gif (600x450, 88.61K)

>trans dwarves

No thanks.

So the pressure from the drop is shooting it back up into your fort. When water flows diagonally, it removes that pressure. So on the z-level where you're trying to make a reservoir, have the water go diagonally into the space you're trying to flood. It'll flow down from your river, diagonally into the reservoir, and then stay put (not flooding your base).

>getting so filtered you start yelling about trannies

The dev is just autistic and will put anything he can think of into the game.

Here's what I mean by diagonally, if it wasn't clear enough.

Attached: flow.png (511x401, 7.74K)

RIP
Imagine what he would give us if the feds didnt fry his brain

It's like CDDA
You wanna pick up that stick?
Okay press the pick up button
What direction?
Okay south, but there's also a flower there maybe that?
Nah the stick.
Okay do you maybe wanna put that into your backpack? Pockets? Jacket Pockets?
Ooops looks like you pressed the wrong button, time to do the same shit in reverse and start again!

They're shit games made to be clunky to gatekeep "le casuals". It's like spraying your casserole with shit-stench-spray so only the people who TRULY enjoy it will eat it.