Last amazing game was Transformer Devastation in 2015

>Last amazing game was Transformer Devastation in 2015
>Only good games since are Nier Automata and Astral Chain, which still aren't to the level of their original works
>Also released absolute shite like Star Fox Zero, Turtles, World of Demons, Babylons Fall, and Sol Cresta
>AND lost the scalebound and granblue deals due to mishandling them
Bayonetta 3 is a make or break moment for Platinum. I'm holding out hope they can come through but the logic part of my brain says they absolutely wont. Their output between Madworld and Bayonetta 2 is pure fucking fire. I wish we could get back to that.

Attached: PlatinumGames.jpg (586x270, 10.27K)

>Nier Automata
>Good
I'm tired of pretending platinum ever made good games, astral chain was ok

>tfw you'll never get to play as Megatron in Devastation 2
Feelsbadman

>Star Fox Zero
They only did music and models for this. How many times does this have to be said before people remember. They didn't do story, animations, gameplay. Nothing. Just Music and Models.

People crediting PG for Nier Automata will never cease to amuse me.
That game was popular thanks to Yoko Taro's writing and 2B's ass. They could hire anyone else to do the combat and the game wouldn't change at all.

They did the bossfights, which are admittedly where the game works the best.

Astral Chain is LEAGUES better than Transformers.

These guys never made a sequel to Vanquish, big mistake.

>Bayonetta 3 is a make or break moment for Platinum
Not really. being a switch exclusive and smash faggotry will result in 2 or 3 million easily, so even if the game is bad it will still be a top seller. I would say project GG is really a make or break deal not only for Platinum, but for Kamiya as well.

Even if Project G.G sucks, it will be commercially successful.
PG fans will buy anything the company releases regardless of quality.

Really? I'm playing through it now and it just seems a lot more simplistic like Nier rather than Platinum's older productions.
>Set legion to auto attacking correct target
>Spam trigger, hit other trigger when blue circle pops up to do finisher
>Wonderful 101 around with your legion to do crowd control on weaker enemies and respond to prompts like enemy charges
>Weapon switching resets combos
>Cop investigating is boring
I'm liking it enough but it just feels lacking compared to their earlier stuff

That is factually incorrect as Babylon Falls was a commercial failure and nobody bought it.

Legion auto attacks are basically irrelevant and the blue circle isn't a finisher, it's a heavy attack. They generally don't have i-frames and can miss. But the game doesn't really test you on the combat until the final boss at least on the standard difficulty.

It did well enough to get a second season; most PG fans bought it out of support for the company even when they don't play GaaS games.

Attached: bfs2.png (807x844, 622.59K)

I think maybe 5000~ people in this world bought babylons fall and that even seems generous

Yeah, right.
This is Square Enix thinking showing good will towards the game's staying power will bring people around.
See Marvel's Avengers.

No it didn't.
Marvel's Avengers was a commercial failure. and people actually bought that. The devs were contractually obligated to release all of it's planned DLC.
This is no different.

>nier
>good
Maybe if you like the story but the gameplay was some of the most barebones shit.

Platinum Games have always been shit
>Bayonetta
DMC lite for HRTrannies
>MGR
shallow action game carried by spectacle and reddit memes that falls flat on repeat playthroughs
>Wonderful 101
mini game induced fuckery garbage
>Vanquish
overrated TPS with awful design
>Bayonetta 2
Kamiya didn't direct this + it's shit
>Scalebound
lol
>Astral Chain
shovelware
>World of Demons
phone exclusive. enough said
>Sol Cresta
another Shoot em up
>Bayonetta 3
we'll see
>Project GG
in dev hell

Attached: 1644393607582.jpg (667x668, 51.92K)

Marvel Avengers did fine too and that's why the game is still online; failed online games are such a money sink that when they fail they're shut down during the first year.
Any Forums's shitposts don't reflect reality.

No. It didn't. They were under contract with Disney. They were required to continue releasing DLC.
Babylon's Fall devs were already working on season 2 for the game before the release of the game. Because they are contractually obligated.
There are 0 people playing Babylon's Fall. The game is not doing well.

>Bayonetta 2
>Kamiya didn't direct this
How's that a point worth bringing up as somehow enough to dismiss it entirely? He didn't direct 6 other games on that list either.

>DMC lite for HRTrannies
Way to tell me in advance your post isn't worth reading.
Non Stop Climax proofs?

SEGA leaving Platinum was a mistake.

>There are 0 people playing Babylon's Fall
I see 7. But have on mind how Platinum's fanbase is on console, not PC, and Babylon's Fall is available on PS4 too.

Attached: screenshot.jpg (752x434, 35.19K)

>Platinum's fanbase is on console
How does this makes any sense? because the numbers hiddden so you can claim whatever you want?