So, were these any better than the original sun and moon, and are they worth playing now?

So, were these any better than the original sun and moon, and are they worth playing now?

Attached: ultra.jpg (1920x1080, 244.72K)

Yes, and only if you dont mind a long ass tutorial
i think it's one of the better pokemon games, besides that.

RR was kino

>were these any better than the original sun and moon
Story-wise no, otherwise yes.
>and are they worth playing now?
Idk. If you wanna play it go and check it out and reach the conclusion whether they're worth playing for you by yourself.

Pure fanfiction.

Gen 6 had the better story.

At best it was average.

They were a lot better. Even though they didn't do much I still loved those Ultra Recon Squad guys. Final boss was wild. Mantine Surf and Photo Club were fun. Zygarde cell hunt was neat. They made the "call for help" thing much more tolerable. Postgame was better than vanilla M/S. I liked the storyline alterations.

>playing it for the story
Who cares? You play Pokémon for anything but that.

Games were better, story stopped making sense, cutscenes still too long
Mantine Surfing was oddly fun

I didn't play a pokemon game since Gen 4 Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
My lil sister gifted me ultra sun so I played it, finished it and conclude it was pure shit
The game hold your hand like you have down syndrome, you are assaulted by cutscene every road, every corner, every building, you can only travel in one direction, to the next cutscene
The characters who keep "interacting" with you are so bland it hurt my soul
Difficulty wise, I'll be honest the totem/alpha/whatever they're called pokemon fight were a bit challenging, I never lost but It was not a pure cakewalk so there's that, SS3 Necrozma was bullshit tho but only because I autistically try to beat it without losing a pokemon
I barely tackle the postgame because I was already bored out of my mind so can't help on that
The story, so forgettable I have nothing to say about it, something about Enchiladas and a gang of lame punks serving a MILF in lack of dick, whatever
Would not recommend user

Gen 6's story was unfinished and the exact same end of the world crap we'd seen twice before. They scrapped anything remotely interesting to give us a barebones plot.

I'm playing ultrasun right now. It was definitely worth skipping at the time and I wouldn't pay money for it. But on a hacked 3ds with an itch for Pokemon and a curiosity about the late game multiverse plot I've been hearing about, I picked it up. It seems like an improvement in every way. Original sun had waaaayyy too much talking and characters pausing your progress to prattle on needlessly. This one feels like it does that a little less or like it's slightly sped up. There's a little more story about travelers from another world and necrozma. The battles are genuinely hard, although they did it in a cheap way by constantly pitting 2 Pokemon against your one and giving the boss or "totem" free stat boosts.
The diversity of species is pretty good and I've got a salamence and magnezone for the first time. Ditched my starter. Definitely an improvement over the originals. I'm at the victory road and I still haven't seen any rainbow rocket or anything that people here always talked about. Interesting that they'd put the new content so late into the game.

TLdr
>Pointless cash in that isn't nearly as definitive as say platinum, but probably still definitive gen 7

Attached: 1632942385558.jpg (828x822, 119.11K)

Worse than original SM desu
Uglier UI and ruined plot in exchange for some shitty minigames nobody asked for
Then again original SM was also bad. Avoid gen 7.

pokemon games are all the same, if you enjoy them then you already know you enjoy them

op here forgot to add im trans and my favorite pokemon game is sword and shield xd uwu!

I ragequit the series when they released these

Idk, i was fine with the gen 5 sequels and the 3rd versions but hust slapping “ultra” on the titles and slapping the necrozma parts on the box legendaries seemed incredibly fucking lazy to me. Its not like the S/M legendaries were compelling at all though.

That said i did actually like S/M, even though i dropped it almost as soon as i beat the E4. The main game is much more compelling than X/Y

UI was better.
Presentation was better.
Music was great.
Difficulty was challenging enough.
Cutest girls.

But all brought down because the vast majority cant take a couple cutscenes at the beginning of the game. What a shame.

Attached: 1643991239197.jpg (723x1200, 101.87K)

SHUT UP ROTOM
SHUT UP
DIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHAHHHSHIEWYW()823D*AJU%FJ

Attached: SHUTUP.jpg (259x194, 8.34K)

accurate representation of someone who's play um/us

>UI was better.
uglier than the original
>Presentation was better.
???
>Music was great
Gen 7 music was shit.
>Difficulty was challenging enough.
Actual bait
>Cutest girls.
lmao no shot

OG was shit fuck off
If you can't get my meaning try harder.
Music was great fix your ears.
Hence enough. It's still a pokemon game.
And now I know you have shit taste.

I prefer USUM, but sun and moon has a much better story. But if you were to pick one go with USUM.

Attached: 1653779727122.jpg (2048x2048, 542.52K)

>Gen 7 music was shit.
bait

Much better but also much worse thanks to rotomdex.